ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Good to meet all of you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 10:33 am    Post subject: Thank you and you're welcome Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who showed up last night. Sorry for the lack of space at my place, but I think we did OK.

I hope that this new site can replace what once was. It will in no way be the old site, nor do we want to try to compete with anyone else's site, past or present. ArizonaHikers.com will be a community for anyone interested in hiking our great state or just discussing hiking and we should all remember we're here together because we are a community. Rarely do you get people from an Internet site that can meet publicly and function together as such a friendly group as we have. The Chili Shindig last summer, group hikes and last night's meeting proved that. I should know, I have met some of my finest friends from the old HAZ site.

We won't be the house full of information that we want right away, but with our community's involvement, it won't take long till we have a fine site we'll all be proud of.

I look forward to seeing all of your contributions and meeting you on the trail.

Thanks for your participation,
GTG
Group Coordinator
www.ArizonaHikers.com

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Wiz, welcome! It's great to have you with us!

Cindy, it was good to meet you last night. When you first came in, I had no idea it was you. It's funny what we perceive from those tiny little avatars!
Mike, How true that is. But I wonder..... is it a good thing or a bad thing that we do that? Funny how we THINK we know someone before we do. I guess it's just human nature. Embarassed
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the invite folks. Nice to see you all. I'll scrounge up a picture some day soon--they really help.
I'd like to see trip reports in a separate area--perhaps in lieu of orienteering?
Mary
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I must say I agree with everything everyone has said so far.

It was great putting a few faces to names at the meeting, some I recognized, and some very new to me. The of course we were all much relieved that we didn't have to have Hoolie there - what a relief!

(he may not be here yet - but he will be, and when he is, I'll be ready!)

Anyway - sorry I had to ditch out early, and sorry the little munchkin was into everything and generally annoying to everyone else. Just like his dad.

Looking forward to some good contributions to the site and in the opportunity to start fresh and be a part of something special.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Somebody needs to go and rap on Hoolie's modem and tell him to get in here. Sheesh - what a slow-poke.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, Ol' Hooli's glad to see his 15 minutes or fame are over; was afraid I was gonna have to get engaged to J.Lo or somethin' to live up to the hype Rolling Eyes

Mike and GTG.....fantastic job guys Exclamation Obviously a labor of love and greatly appreciated by this dude Very Happy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
scottm

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah this is looking really good! I'm glad I was able to find this after HAZZZZZ went down. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm just reiterating... really nice to meet everyone last night. I had a great time, and am relieved that I have a new home!!

Thanks Todd and Mike... you guys are doing a great job, and it is very much appreciated.

Let me know when you're ready to start putting together the new trail descriptions.

Woohoo!!
ck1

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Done Guys!

It's nice to be back.

-Colin
mike t

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Great to be back at it. Even though I don't post a whole lot, I'm always checking in. I've been having withdrawls recently!! Then again, my house is a lot cleaner. Anyway, sorry I couldn't make the meeting, and thanks Mike and GTG. Maybe a brief synopsis of what was discussed?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

scottm wrote:
Yeah this is looking really good! I'm glad I was able to find this after HAZZZZZ went down. Sad
We're glad too, if you know any more of the old gang, send them over! Did you find us from the Yahoo group (THANKS JAIMI!!) or what?
ZenPhx

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice to see all the familiar faces. I'm hoping I got my Avatar re-established. Looking forward to continued interaction, new friends and hiking with old friends.

Steve
cactuscat

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi everyone - it's so good to see you all again!! Sorry I couldn't make it last night, but I was busy watching my Buckeyes win the national championship! Mr. Green
bbmcritt

PostPosted: 1/4/2003, 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The site looks great & I am happy to read all the posts. Sorry I missed the meeting but we are interested in the Canyon Lake/Peralta tr hike. I was wondering How many miles it was?? I am not as experienced as your regulars!! BettyAnn
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/5/2003, 12:03 am    Post subject: big hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

That hike is around 15 miles or so. I'll find out for sure.

Good to see you two made it to the new site.

Welcome aboard!
GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: