ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZH Birthday Shindig and LDSP Reservation Problems

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which dates work best for you for the AZH Birthday Shindig?
January 6th and 7th
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
January 20th and 21st
76%
 76%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 26

GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/12/2005, 4:14 pm    Post subject: AZH Birthday Shindig and LDSP Reservation Problems This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

We have had a glitch in the availability of the Group Campground at the LDSP for the weekend of Jan 13th and 14th. Apparently it is already reserved.
Please use the poll below to choose your best alternative dates.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

GTG
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 12/12/2005, 4:41 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Later Jan works for me, I would like to make this one if I can. Early Jan will be helping my parents get settled in their new house.
Maybe even go on a group hike---what a concept Wink
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 5:18 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

hissy fit This was the only thing I had written in ink in my 2006 calendar so far!!! Rant

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
GTG

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 11:14 am    Post subject: alternate locations and dates and such This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I checked with the folks at The Dons of Arizona to see about renting Base Camp for the weekend. THe weekend we wanted was full and since we're NOT A COMMERCIAL OUTFIT and don't have a liability insurance policy, we couldn't rent it anyway.

It's looking like we're going for the weekend of the 21st at the Group Campsite at the LDSP.

GTG
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 11:19 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

anybody got any white-out I can borrow? Wink

21st it is! thumbs up

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 11:54 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

GTG wrote:

since we're NOT A COMMERCIAL OUTFIT

We're not?? Whoops!
azhiker96

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 5:35 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Multi Multi Multi Yippie! We'll be there! Beer campfire
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 7:17 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

can you / we get a State Land Permit for some vacant land there?
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 8:47 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

No state land nearby, its BLM and Tonto National Forest which does not allow camping in the area with the exception of the wilderness area or if you have a hunting license with a valid predator tag. The Tonto National Forest area west of the Apache Trail you will need a permit from the Mesa Ranger District for vehicle access. The AZ stale land permit is a very good buy for using AZ State Trust Lands. Two other campgrounds further up the trail are Canyon Lake Marina $ 30.00 a night and the Tortilla Campground near Tortilla Flat (not sure what the current fee is though). Dispersed camping is allowed at Mesquite Flat a little further up the Apache Trail.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 9:58 pm    Post subject: LDSP/misc This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
hissy fit This was the only thing I had written in ink in my 2006 calendar so far!!! Rant
Geez Paint, you ought to know better by now...Smile

There are a couple THs to the north-east of LDSP which are primitive, but free. Since we're doing various routes/hikes and not a total group hike, I don't much care where we host the initial shindig meet-up. Anywhere over there will allow access to the place(s), I'm probably heading to. Anyway, we'll be keeping it to a small sub-group (five), Pmail me if your're interested. Think we have two definites, one semi-definite and two more open slots. Let me know.

Maybe a round-up at LDSP, another night and/or a dinner?

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/13/2005, 10:12 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

21st sounds good.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
k9hiker

PostPosted: 12/16/2005, 11:15 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Wow!! I was hoping this might be changed and I checked in to see what was up and low and behold, it's going to be changed. The PF Chang's run is on the original weekend and that was creating a conflict for me. So glad the date is likely to be switched, I hope to make it now. Finally!!!
GTG

PostPosted: 12/20/2005, 5:41 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

The voting is in and we've made the decision. I hope to see most of y'all there on the 20th and 21st.

Thanks,
GTG
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: