ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
PC Chang's Marathon or 1/2 Marathon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My plan is to start training once I am back from my India trip end of Aug ..I am thinking that I can motivate my self to atleast walk rapidly for 13.1!!! in 4 hrs or less or else I get the bussed back Confused

Yeah, The course will be boring ...

A few yrs ago they had a grand canyon marathon out in Western Grandcanyon . Saw it was cancelled for 2004 and see no announcements for 2005 ...Looks like bad organization killed it !

http://www.grandcanyonresort.com/gcim/gcimarathon.html
si na ti

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ambika I know you can easily walk it in less than . I had a bum knee at 4 miles and hobbled the rest of the way once in 2 and a half.

Okay Diane, I'll leave you out of this one.

Lost Dutchmen is scenic and a geat race but for a first time recreational distance walker/runner the Rock and Roll has much more enthusiastic environment.

Tim, Tracy?
Daryl

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think you can walk the whole thing as long as you keep up a pace of 4mph. I heard if you go slower they give you the hook.

I'm considering walking it and running as needed to keep up the 4mph pace.

I really hate runnng but I'd like to be able to say I did a marathon.

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Run, walk, jog, hike, bike, or swim, BUT don't pay the $65 to wear their tee-shirt.....or just to say you do it!.....training is harder than the "race" itself....I agree with NIGHTHIKER; have the SUPES marathon...and it is free!
si na ti

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

stevenrox wrote:
Run, walk, jog, hike, bike, or swim, BUT don't pay the $65 to wear their tee-shirt.....or just to say you do it!.....training is harder than the "race" itself....I agree with NIGHTHIKER; have the SUPES marathon...and it is free!

FREE??? since when?

Of course training is harder than the race itself and the true reward comes in what it took to get there. But whatever motivates, even if it is a $65 entry, is the right way to go.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think I would only be interested in the Rock and Roll, I'll gladly pay $65 to wear a t-shirt that says I did something that I think would be an acomplishment.
si na ti

PostPosted: 7/27/2005, 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nighthiker wrote:
Run with something more scenic, The Lost Dutchman Marathon. Month earlier than PF Changs.

Lost Dutchman is a month later. Presidents day weekend I believe. It is $50. 60 and 75 for the marathon and $35 and 45, I believe, for the half depending on when you register.
stevenrox

PostPosted: 8/8/2005, 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FREE??? SINCE FOREVER!!! You may enter the SUPES from a dozen areas and not pay a fee. Only First Water and Peralta Trail Heads have fees.

Last year's race was in January, not over President's Day, which I believe is still in February. In fact, the 2006 race will be held on January 15.

I will plan a Superstition Marathon to be held in December 2005.
Details to follow in a few days. Minimum 26 miles.

Hopefully, all of you will attend.

Steve
luv2hikeinaz@cox.net
stevenrox

PostPosted: 8/8/2005, 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

However, the 5th Annual Lost Dutchman Marathon will be February 19, 2006.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: