ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZh Store at Cafepress Closing May 31...Not a joke!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 12:49 pm    Post subject: AZh Store at Cafepress Closing May 31...Not a joke! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Last June, we paid Cafépress $59.95 to setup the AZH premium store. In early June 2005 we will be charged another $59.95 to keep the store open.
In one year of operation, we have made exactly $59. and we aren't currently selling products at a rate that would come anywhere near covering this charge; therefore it's been decided to close the AZH store at the end of this month.

That will give you a chance to purchase any items you'd like before the store closes. To make this more appealing, we've changed the maximum markup on every item in our store to .50 cents over what Cafépress charges us.

The $59. we've already earned plus any earnings from this closing sale will be used to pay for such things as reserving the Group Campgrounds for AZH shindigs and get togethers that are available to all AZH members.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I am sorry to hear that and thank you for your efforts in trying to make this succeed. I recently purchased a tank top (to sort of do my part) and I am now thinking if everyone did that maybe it would have survived? Crying or Very sad
beckett

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have enjoyed checking out the store and I have made a couple of purchases....It will be missed I think.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry to here it didn't work out to well. But as long as we don't have to "shut the site down", it's ok by me.

TIM
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We are such procrastinaters! We (the group that did Paria) kept threatening to do a Paria T shirt and never got it done.... that is to bad.... I got my two WFW T shirts at least....Just as a thought here....

I would be willing to pitch in $10.00 or so if others wanted to and help keep the store open so we could have these things available to us.... I know I don't spend a lot of money there but we have no other source for things like our WFW T shirts and such....It may not be a money maker but it is a resource... what do you think? Or is it not worth the bother?

I want to shine!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
We are such procrastinaters! We (the group that did Paria) kept threatening to do a Paria T shirt and never got it done.... that is to bad....

That's the first thing I thought of too...Awwww crap, we didn't get our Paria shirt done! Crying or Very sad

Hikngrl wrote:
I would be willing to pitch in $10.00 or so if others wanted to and help keep the store open so we could have these things available to us....

I'd be willing to pitch in $10.....(I want my own Ridgeline shirt and that hike isn't even happening till Nov.! Hmmm )

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a way to do the shirts and at no cost to AZ Hikers. I'll talk to you two about it this weekend. If you remember the very first Ridgeline shirts came from my store, which I had set up to cost absolutely nothing (for posting the product). I could only put the images on certain shirts and only have so many, but what the heck. Hopefully you're not wanting a Paria coffe mug or mouse pad, or a Ridgeline baby towel or doggy jacket. The reason I quit doing them is because they weren't selling. I do think that several probably want a Paria shirt. I've been procrastinating on that one.
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OOOH cool! Thanks Stan!

I want to shine!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 1:15 pm    Post subject: store and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

What if we downgrade it to a non-premium store?

GTG
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

whats the differnce?

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
whats the differnce?

limited products and can only print one item on a product. We'd have to start all over from scratch 'cause anything we presently offer that has two transfers printed on it would no longer be available.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

my offer still stands to help fund the continued existance of our current account but if you all decide not to thats cool too.

I want to shine!
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let's all discuss it this weekend.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli...

How mucg min sales do we need to keep this viable ? Does this have to be cafe press merchandise only ?
evenstar

PostPosted: 5/10/2005, 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We'd have to make enough each year to pay the $59.95. We only made $59 in the first year, excluding what we'll make from the closing sale. We kept our markup small, typically no more than $2. 'cause we aren't out to make a bundle. Thing is, after the big push for the WFW's nobody's been buying. That $59. was mostly made in the first four or five months. What have we made so far this year? $15.06!
And it has to be Cafepress stuff.

As I said, let's discuss it this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: