ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Photo scanner programs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesertRoux

PostPosted: 5/7/2005, 9:45 am    Post subject: Photo scanner programs. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know there are many photo guru's here and I'm in need of some assistance.

I have a Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner and I would like some software recomendations. The "Epson Scan" program that came with it stinks and now it seems to be corrupt. I no longer can get it to load. I hated the program anyway so I'm not even going to track down the disk for a reload. I mainly use it for photos because my Minolta 35mm takes extremely better pics then my 3.2 MP digi. Any help would be great. Thx. Cool
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 5/7/2005, 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure you're probably running XP with SP2? Have you tried the built-in scanning feature of XP?

If your scanner shows up in the 'Scanners and Cameras' applet of the Control Panel, then it should be able to initiate the built-in Scanner Wizard in XP.

Try it out. I also agree that Epson software sucks.
Daryl

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is no better photo software then Photoshop, but not having used a scanner in years, I don't know if photoshop can run a scanner.
What box?

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Photoshop should be able to import from your scanner. Or you could go with Photoshop Elements. Paint Shop Pro is a cheaper alternative to Photoshop and will also import from a scanner. If you want free, try "The Gimp". For any of these you use the "File" menu and select "import" ("acquire" for Gimp) from "twain". PS Pro has a scanner item in the file menu.
Dirt Dog

PostPosted: 5/9/2005, 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.picasa.com/

A very good free one from Google, but you can't use it to do all the stuff Photoshop can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: