ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Site Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 3/20/2005, 12:49 pm    Post subject: Site Problem Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sometime this morning, there was apparently a problem on the server. The hosting company seems to have restored some of the site's files from an old backup. We're actually not sure what they did (and quite honestly, I doubt they're sure themselves Rant ), but we're working at getting things back to normal.

Thanks for your patience.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 3/20/2005, 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I noticed the other night that the photos in the gallery don't go back to the conception of the site, several months were gone. Don't know if that is fixed or not, I thought maybe you guys just took them off the server because of lack of space.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 3/20/2005, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
I noticed the other night that the photos in the gallery don't go back to the conception of the site, several months were gone. Don't know if that is fixed or not, I thought maybe you guys just took them off the server because of lack of space.

We didn't have the gallery from the begining. A few of us had our own photos up on separate web based services for posting or we had FTP accounts that would let us post with photos.
Goat
GTG
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 3/20/2005, 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yep, the gallery didn't go live until July of 2003. Additionally, the gallery is run by a different set of scripts than the board. We just plugged it in to run as part of the board, using the same member database. The upgrade to the board we did a few weeks ago had no effect on the gallery, other than the link wasn't working for a brief while.

Regarding the problem from this morning. Everything seems to be ok now, but if you notice anything that isn't functioning the way it was before today, please let me know.
GTG

PostPosted: 3/21/2005, 6:56 am    Post subject: more issues Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you were trying to connect earlier this AM and couldn't, it's because we had a power supply pop on the server. It's raining, it's pouring.

GTG
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 3/21/2005, 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

It's raining, it's pouring.
You left out the last part... Sleeping

or is Hoomer up already?
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/21/2005, 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
but if you notice anything that isn't functioning the way it was before today, please let me know.

Got a Goatboy and Mrs. Mike's worst half that have never functioned at all! Moon
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 3/21/2005, 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Site Problem Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
Sometime this morning, there was apparently a problem on the server.
I was in Pmail when it started to die (I don't think I caused it to gag...). I saw the diagnostics but I didn't get 'em saved.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
GTG

PostPosted: 3/21/2005, 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
Quote:

It's raining, it's pouring.
You left out the last part... Sleeping

or is Hoomer up already?

I was going to include 'Hoomer is snoring.', however I didn't want to indicate we slept together. Scared

GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: