ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dream destination?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 2/23/2003, 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont' have a dream destination but a manner for getting there, I would like to parachute into a wilderness and backpack.
cactuscat

PostPosted: 2/23/2003, 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DENALI! Bouncing
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/23/2003, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cactuscat wrote:
DENALI! Bouncing

Hey, thats what I named my black lab puppy!! Can you tell I'd also like to get there, lol.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 2/23/2003, 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Alaska would be an amazing place. Denali would be increadible.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
tempe8

PostPosted: 2/23/2003, 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mt. Rainier (this summer)
Everest base camp
Mont Blanc
Mt. Kilamanjaro
Denali
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/23/2003, 9:39 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Someone say Denali? Chin Scratching Multi
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 2/24/2003, 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, then there is Switzerland. I would love to go to Switzerland.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Daryl

PostPosted: 2/24/2003, 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

African safari, tropical rainforest in addition to everything posted.

I can't say there is one place I want to go more then others though. I just want to see it all. Hopefully I win the lotto some day so I can!
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/24/2003, 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

I can't say there is one place I want to go more then others though. I just want to see it all. Hopefully I win the lotto some day so I can!

Okay - so he used fewer words than I did initially - but...dito.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/24/2003, 3:38 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully I win the lotto some day so I can!

Quote:
dito

Ditto! Ha! That would be great.
desert dweller

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have always wanted to hike the length of Hadrian's Wall in Scotland. It is the remnant of the furthurist north the Romans ventured. It runs west to east, coast to coast, near the border with England.

There are a few guide services that do it, but it is out of the question for a while.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hadrian's Wall would be cool. The majority of my ancestry is from Scotland - and in fact my clan still has an active castle and clan chieftain (who has the same birthday as my Father - who he met - on his birthday - and was made an honorary clan member).

I just want to go to Scotland/Ireland some time and explore my roots and travel all over that beautiful country.

After that I want to look into some geographical history of Eric the Red - from whom I am a direct male descendant - then explore the Scandinavian countryside.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
k9hiker

PostPosted: 2/26/2003, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! If you asked this question to the Aussies or the Kiwi's I guess they'd have to say, my back yard! Since the majority wants to go to Denali or NZ maybe we should plan a big group trip. Go in the group rate. Air fare is really cheep right now!

I have so many destinations, it's hard to choose. I guess bumming around Europe would be one of my top 3. I have to skip France though. Twisted Evil
ck1

PostPosted: 2/27/2003, 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Skip France?...but what about in July...for the Tour de France....that's on my list!

"The Journey is the Destination"
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/27/2003, 8:42 am    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Tour de France

Now thats what I'm talkin about. That race is sweet. I'm already calling Lance Armstrong to win the race! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: