ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
For all you Craig Childs fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/20/2005, 11:51 am    Post subject: For all you Craig Childs fans Reply to topic Reply with quote

Craig Childs has a new book out The Way Out: A True Story of Survival, an intense narrative of two men confronted by the raw forces of nature and the limits of their own sanity.

And in case you're interested...

http://www.changinghands.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp;jsessionid=6EB8A865A9F04FA268BEDFF46FF90FC5.t8?s=storeevents&eventId=291452

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/articles/0120craigchilds20-CP.html

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 1/20/2005, 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Tracy, I love his stuff! The way he writes, literally brings to you the experience. Mary
cactuscat

PostPosted: 1/20/2005, 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, Childs is really good - one of my top 5 favorite authors.
Hnak

PostPosted: 1/20/2005, 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the notice! I already have a bunch of his books, and really enjoy them. It looks like I'll just have to get another now... Agree
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/20/2005, 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool! When I finish the one I am reading now I will have to get my hands on this one!

I want to shine!
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 1/20/2005, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just when I thought I was closing-in on finishing all his books...So many books, so many hikes, so little time...

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Abe

PostPosted: 1/22/2005, 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Alright! Thanks for sharing, I'll start looking for it. Presently I'm reading Leo Tolstoy, "The Death of Ivan Ilych and Other Stories" and I'll need a break after reading it.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 1/22/2005, 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just found a Craig Childs at my favorite used bookstore and it just so happens it is about my favorite subject. It is called Stone Desert, A Naturalist's Exploration of Canyonlands National Park. This will be my first of his offerings as I have watched the posts about him with interest but have had too many books to read. I have had more chances in recent days to hike and explore the magic Page area further so this subject is close to my heart.
JW

PostPosted: 1/22/2005, 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BoyNhisDog wrote:
I just found a Craig Childs at my favorite used bookstore and it just so happens it is about my favorite subject. It is called Stone Desert, A Naturalist's Exploration of Canyonlands National Park. This will be my first of his offerings as I have watched the posts about him with interest but have had too many books to read. I have had more chances in recent days to hike and explore the magic Page area further so this subject is close to my heart.
Glen, you're going to love Stone Desert. Child's commentary on the mountain lion is one of my favorites and, arguably, one of his best pieces of writing.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
JW

PostPosted: 1/25/2005, 9:10 am    Post subject: Craig Childs Reply to topic Reply with quote

Craig Childs (The Way Out...) will be at Changing Hands tonight, Tuesday, at 7p.m. and on NPR (KJZZ, 91.5) again tomorrow at 8:30a.m.

Nealz

PostPosted: 1/25/2005, 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just heard the interview this morning on NPR too. Childs is a frequent contributing writer to Arizona Highways as well. I've always enjoyed his level of observation and turns of phrase. Gotta get a hold of this latest book too.

-Nealz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: