ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Happy New Year Y'all
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/14/2005, 10:39 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year Y'all Reply to topic Reply with quote

So we’re two weeks into the new year and I’ve been thinking of this long enough, it’s time to get it out now.

Happy New Year Y’all!

In the past two years I’ve met the best friends I’ve ever known, been to some amazing places and have acquired memories to last a lifetime, all through our community. Oh, and I can’t forget the stories I’ve picked up either. That being said, Mike and I would like to thank all of our wonderful members for their contributions, suggestions and criticisms over the past year. What you have built here is a community that we should all be proud to belong to. We have grown from a simple group of a few to a regular posting crowd of many. We have created bonds with each other that seem as strong as any family I have known. This can be verified by the great number of us that greet each other with hugs instead of handshakes and hellos. Thanks to all of you we have the best hiking site to represent this wonderful state of ours and for that we are grateful. We hope that y’all get to hike more this year than last year. That you get to more places you’ve never been and see more things you’ve never seen before. May your travels be safe and your boots fit well.

Mike and GTG
ck1

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well said. Thank you both for all your efforts. The site and you guys are the glue that holds it all together.

"The Journey is the Destination"
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If I said what I feel I am sure I would be labeled more than just the girl who can't spell around here so I won't... Suffice it to say I love this site and all of our members... the things you have taught me and showed me are invaluable in my life....Made me into a better person! God bless you all! Let's Hike! Hiking

I want to shine!
Hnak

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ditto to all of the above. This is a group of folks that aren't insulted at all when somebody says to 'go take a hike'!

And now I'm off to.... uh.... ski! (It's sorta like hiking, just with slippery shoes on...) Wink
Abe

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you GTG and Mike. You both have set up an awesome site and thanks to everyone who participates in sharing.

The feeling of family that shares Beer a common theme; stories, experiences, partical jokes, Twisted Evil and wisdom in hiking, backpacking, and the outdoors in general is warm to my heart. I really felt that, last Saturday and especailly while sitting around the campfire. I can't recall the last time I had so much fun as I did sitting around the campfire.

However, as Hikngrl Hiking and paint Artist at Work will attest to, I do have a hard time with the huggy thing. Embarassed
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Geez, GTG has a birthday and just starts spouting out wisdom!! Crazy

This community is the BEST! Many of you are like family to me, the brothers and sisters I never had, and heck I even got a surrogate dad that my dad would be prou...er, well...he'd like him ok! Ok

Despite thinking on occasion that some of you are purposely trying to get me lost out there, I'd really be lost without the AZH site! GTG and Mike, thank you for doing a fantastic job in keeping things running smoothly!! Applause

Abe wrote:
However, as Hikngrl Hiking and paint Artist at Work will attest to, I do have a hard time with the huggy thing. Embarassed

Aw, come on Abe, by the time you got over to Michelle I think had the hang of the huggy thing! Wink

I look forward to continuing the adventures with all of you!!

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
chihiggs

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you Todd and Mike!! Your super human efforts have given us all a wonderful opportunity. Where would we be without this site...well for me the answer is LOST in the desert Very Happy

And many Thanks to all of the members as I have learned a great deal from many of you!! I feel very lucky to be a part of this community.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Geez, GTG has a birthday and just starts spouting out wisdom!! Crazy

Rolling Eyes

paintninaz wrote:
and heck I even got a surrogate dad that my dad would be prou...er, well...he'd like him ok! Ok

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Abe wrote:

Sheesh, Abe....you have a problem huggin' Hiking and Artist at Work Question Question You have a real problem alright! Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you Todd and Mike. You two are fantastic people! The group is family in many ways. Mary
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happy New year from out on the perimeter. Thanks for the site Todd and Mike.
Abe

PostPosted: 1/15/2005, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Sheesh, Abe....you have a problem huggin' Hiking and Artist at Work Question Question You have a real problem alright! Rolling Eyes

Ya I know, it's that whole touchy, feely thing I ain't use to.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/16/2005, 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Abe, we will teach you! There were a few people who didn't know what to do the first time I hugged them.... They figured it out! Just hug back!

I am a huggy kinda girl... always have been! If I sense that you are real uncomfortable I try to refrain... at least until I think you can handle it! I just love the heck out of all these people and feel the need to let them know I think they are wonderful and a hand shake just doesn't do that! I am glad to see, actually, that I am not the only huggy one in the bunch!

I want to shine!
Abe

PostPosted: 1/16/2005, 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smile
roger

PostPosted: 1/16/2005, 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As I read the post by Todd, I couldn't help to think about the times in one's life when groups of people come together for whatever reasons and things just click.

Whether it is a team you are on, college dorm friends, church groups, or life-long friends from the neighborhood, the stars seem to align, everthing comes together and the Sweet Spot in Time happens. This group is just one example.

THIS GROUP IS VERY SPECIAL.

Thanks are in order. First and foremost:
- Mike and Todd thanks for being the glue that holds the site together.. it wouldn't happen without you all.
Mike, thanks for running the technical side of things, it takes a lot of time to do this and we appreciate your dedication while fitting us into your family-time.
Todd, thanks for the friendship, humor, and providing the resources in running the site. Thanks for making us look at the world in a little different way.

As Todd said, this is a community and in any group there are characters which make up the group's identity. With that in mind, additional thanks are in order:

Stan - Thanks for your humor, inspiration, and your hard work on the AZH gear. (and thanks for the green chili)

HIG - Tom thanks for your humor and being the glue in the event and hiking area, groups like this need dedicated individuals are you are the King.

Diane - If Tom is the King, your the Queen. Thanks for your enthusiasm, you look at hiking like a kid in a candy store, and it is very refreshing.

JW - Your hiking abilities are Alien-Like (I couldn't resist). Thanks for giving us all the goals to strive for.

Ck1 - Thanks for being one of the naturally funny characters in the group. You make the hikes and group functions infinitely more fun.

Tracy - The quiet innocent one. (except when it comes to Hoolie) Thanks for being such a good sport and a nice person.

Hoolie - The best sport of them all. You add wit and wisdom which we all very much appreciate. (along with that great tri-tip)

Kent/Sande - Thanks for taking us all to places (in words and photos) that many of us would never see in our life time. And thanks for showing us that there is a little spirituality in all of us.

Daddee - The "entertainment director" of the sight..Thanks for adding to the fun of the website. And thanks for directing some very deep and intellectual conversations.

There are many others out there who provide to this site every day (AZhiker96, Trish, Tim, Abe, Hank, Letty, Gabriel, Pete, BoynHisDog, Sherilee, Catvalet, Matt, cactuscat, and many others)..THANKS TO YOU ALL.

Best wishes for a great new year.

roger
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 1/17/2005, 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you Todd and Mike for making this community possible.

I often wonder what it would be like if we didn’t have this site and the ability to communicate so easily, exchange ideas, set up hikes, share pictures, share our experiences and support one another. Very Happy

I’d still be a couch potato.
Thank you all!

Gabriele
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: