ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Artist of the month - December

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: 11/26/2004, 6:06 pm    Post subject: Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Artist of the month - December Reply to topic Reply with quote

As some of you know, my wife is a part time photographer. She has been doing it for about 5 years, but has gotten heavy into it in the last year or two.
December she will be the artist of the month for the Boyce Thompson Arboretum! Her work will be on display the entire month. This will be her first showing as a photographer. The opening is Saturday December 4th, 11am to 2pm. Anyone that wants to go, let me know and I'll get you on the invite list.
This will get you free admission to the arboretum for the day, and you can enter to win one of her framed prints. Refreshments will also be provided.

PS I hand made all the frames used in the show, and a photo or two of mine might get snuck into the exhibit Rolling Eyes

More info: www.faustphoto.com/featured
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/26/2004, 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl & Tina,

Please add me to the list. I'd love to see Tina's Artwork/photography at the arboretum. That's perfect timing (from 11-2PM) since I'll be going to LDSP as a member of the "Support Crew" for the Ridgeline hikers.

Tina truly has an eye and talent for photography and I can't wait to see the collection

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 11/26/2004, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Way Cool, not available that sat. but will make a return visit.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/26/2004, 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am working that Saturday but I would love to go see her work! That is so very exciting! You must be very proud of her! I will try and get out there! I am always looking for something to doand what better way to spend an afternoon!

I want to shine!
Daryl

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 6:57 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
Daryl & Tina,

Please add me to the list. I'd love to see Tina's Artwork/photography at the arboretum. That's perfect timing (from 11-2PM) since I'll be going to LDSP as a member of the "Support Crew" for the Ridgeline hikers.

Tina truly has an eye and talent for photography and I can't wait to see the collection

Mr. Green

Tina here - Thanks Trish! I will add you to the invite list. How many will be in your party?

Thanks to Nighthiker and Hikngrl... I'd love for you to take a look anytime you can make it out. We are going to try and get to the Arboretum a few weekends in December to sell matted prints, so hopefully we'll see you out there!

PostPosted: 11/29/2004, 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

She's offical now: http://arboretum.ag.arizona.edu/featuredartist.html

PostPosted: 11/29/2004, 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing, you must be very proud of her work! Mary
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 11/29/2004, 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congratulations, Tina.
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 11/29/2004, 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very cool..used to have access to a darkroom and LOVED it! Good job,Tina!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: