ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ski Season Is Here!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 8:59 am    Post subject: Ski Season Is Here!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just saw on the news that the AZ Snowbowl will be opening up on Friday. I've never been skiing before but it is high on my list. They have a great package to learn to ski. It's $129 and includes 3 full day lift tickets, 3 days equipment rentals, and 3 two hour lessons. It's any 3 days also.

http://www.arizonasnowbowl.com/interior/winteractivities/adultlessons.html

TIM
Andy

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Now that it's here I hope it hurries and goes away! Rolling Eyes

http://community.webshots.com/album/136917818udlQWZ
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Come on Andy ski = hiking season too! Or it could just stay 110 all year.
Andy

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Frankly I prefer it hot!

http://community.webshots.com/album/136917818udlQWZ
DesertRoux

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome!! I still have a few college buddies that live up there. Nothing better then free room and board. I will definately be making it up there quite a few times this season.

Also that "Learning Package" sounds like a great deal. Really, way to cheap. 3 full day lift tickets would run about $120 if I recall correctly. Grab that deal while you can!
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ryan Id like to tag along- and I'll show you how to snowboard.

what i do
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Multi I sux, but do I ever have FUN skiing! rofl Bouncing
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It doesn't matter how well, or poorly someone can ski. Everyone looks like a pro at the ski lodge.

Now, if only we could get the boarders to quit congregating (lounging) in the middle of the slope... Moon

Shades
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 11/23/2004, 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mary I haven't gone downhill skiing in a very long time. Took a class at the College and was known as KamaKazi skier, somehow it seems that I was unable to stop, but I learned early just to sit down on my skis that helped and the Bunny Hill works for a while. Wink Maybe I should try the downhill thing again, think I'd be any better now that I'm older and wiser? I'm still gonna check out Alpine for those x-country trails also although Flag has trails too.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 11/24/2004, 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ski Season Is Here!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
I just saw on the news that the AZ Snowbowl will be opening up on Friday. I've never been skiing before but it is high on my list. They have a great package to learn to ski. It's $129 and includes 3 full day lift tickets, 3 days equipment rentals, and 3 two hour lessons. It's any 3 days also.TIM
Go for it! That's the right price.

But just a warning, dude, you'll get hooked! I know!!
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/24/2004, 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
was known as KamaKazi skier,
Multi Rolling Agree Yep, that's what I was called too. I just LOVED the SPEED and would avoid slowing down. I might be getting too old for that now. It's been several years since I've gone. I learned how to ski in Az, but have only gone a few times. Mary
Kristyn

PostPosted: 11/24/2004, 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would love to go! I would be snowboarding and don't mind going it alone while you are in your class. I love the snow!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/24/2004, 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I want to go but don't think I will have any money until January. So should we try to plan something for then?

How about Saturday January 8th?

TIM
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/24/2004, 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
How about Saturday January 8th?

TIM

No We've got a little get together going that weekend Tim, did you forget?

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/azhcal.php?id=122&mode=display&day=08&month=01&year=2005

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/24/2004, 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Tracy, you know someone should really put that on the calender. Awe Crap it's already there.

OK, How about Saturday January 22nd? Wow my weekends are filling up fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: