ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Signs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dennisbench wrote:

Lol, just teasing ya Hooli,

Not to worry Dennis, I knew that; most of my closest friends here are Hooli Bashers......as well as Hooli Bashees; your turn will come when you least expect it Twisted Evil
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
cakewalk

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought both " Cube " and " memento " were both excellant movies.

yall seen those?
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

memento was a crazy movie, i enjoyed it, the uniqueness of the order. never saw cube.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 7:58 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Momento and Cube, both great movies, espesially Cube with the number thing going on there. I like movies that have to do with numbers. However, has anyone here seen the movie Moholland Dr.? Now that movie is crazy. Explain that one to me, anybody. I'd like to hear some versions from everyone else on what they thought the movie was about and such.
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Plummer I would check out this link, http://dir.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2001/10/23/mulholland_drive_analysis/index.html?pn=1
This is the best explanation I found after I saw the movie a while back. I love Lynch's movies you have to watch them multiple times, they are real mind twisters. I need to see Lost Highway again soon, its been a while.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 9:54 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the website link; it really explained alot. I'll watch his movies over and over again and come up with a different conclusion I think each time only to be thinking in circles. Ha. Lost Highways, another great movie.
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 2/11/2003, 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try "Following" (Same director as Memento) . Gangster No 1 (Malcom Mc Dowell-mean!) U-Turn (fave) I am the "Indie" movie queen! Beg to see George's meanmama movie list! Twisted,I am!! Twisted Evil Crazy
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 2/12/2003, 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GeorgAz wrote:
Try "Following" (Same director as Memento) . Gangster No 1 (Malcom Mc Dowell-mean!) U-Turn (fave) I am the "Indie" movie queen! Beg to see George's meanmama movie list! Twisted,I am!! Twisted Evil Crazy

I'm sure you know this. U-turn was filmed in Superior Arizona. Next time you watch it, look for Apache Leap and Picket Post. That's one crazy movie.
cakewalk

PostPosted: 2/13/2003, 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just finished watching cube2 ( the hypercube ) and im both dissapointed and unfullfilled.

As usual with sequels, sometimes its better left alone. The movie itself was good, riviting actually, but the ending left more questions than answers. It looked like they started to run out of ideas ( or budget ) towards the end, or didnt really know how to end it. It also looks wide open for a cube3.
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/13/2003, 8:53 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, sweet! I didn't even realize they came out with Cube2 but maybe even a Cube3? That's awesome. I loved the 1st Cube so I'm pretty sure I'll end up liking Cube 2!
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/14/2003, 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I watched some of "Cube" - and I was really quite disappointed. I didn't think it was nearly the "tour de force" of a psychological thriller it was supposed to be. I found the whole thing just a bit far-fetched and lame. Just an extreme version of Hitchcock's (sp?) "Lifeboat." The acting didn't hold the movie together well enough to carry the genuinely bizare twist on an old premise - and I agree with Cakewalk - the ending was just stupid. In fact, the ending was lousy enough to ruin what little effect the movie might have had on me up to that point.

I must sound like I hate every movie I see - well, you guys just happen to be talking about movies that I wasn't impressed with. Signs was at least okay - but cube really irked me. I didn't like it at all.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/14/2003, 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you like Magnolia, Daddee?
-Ed Abbey
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/15/2003, 5:02 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about "Requiem for a dream"? Great movie.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/17/2003, 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Did you like Magnolia, Daddee?

Never saw it. I'm really not much of a movie goer. We maybe get out to see 2 movies a month if we're lucky - and that includes video rental. Just not that much time - and when you hire a baby sitter and include the price of a movie - well, we're poor enough as it is. A movie is really our big treat for the month.

I get to see things when they come to network though - we don't have any movie channels on our cable - we don't watch "R" rated movies either, so that really cuts down on the number of available movies to watch.

(by the way - the no "R" thing is fairly recent - so if I review an R movie, it was usually from past experience and not anything current)

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
cakewalk

PostPosted: 3/31/2003, 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

plummer150 wrote:
Wow, sweet! I didn't even realize they came out with Cube2 but maybe even a Cube3? That's awesome. I loved the 1st Cube so I'm pretty sure I'll end up liking Cube 2!

The SCI-FI channel will be showing Cube 2 ( the hypercube ) this Saturday. Not sure the time - Check local listings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: