ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ron Feldman's quest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 11:46 am    Post subject: Ron Feldman's quest Reply to topic Reply with quote

In case you're intetrested in how Ron and crew are doing, you can keep up with the progress here -
http://www.dutchhunter.com

Look closely at the pictures and you'll see Jack Carlson observing things in the November set.

GTG
Andy

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes very interested! Thanks for the link!

http://community.webshots.com/album/136917818udlQWZ
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! When I tried the discussion board was not functional... did any one else get it goin or is it just not up yet?

I want to shine!
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
At present, the archaeological site deep within the Superstition Mountains is guarded 24 hours a day and only authorized personnel know its exact location and are allowed on site.

Guarded 24 hours a day, yes

Only authorized personnel know the exact location, really hmmmmm
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
GTG

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 12:51 pm    Post subject: discussion boards and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

The board on dutchhunter.com is not working yet. The board over on Ron's original site
http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com
is up and running
http://www.thelostdutchmangoldmine.com/pb/?menu=8&PHPSESSID=e0d813be8c5090b3d08dfb19563893f9

Be advised though, those guys over on that board can be more ornery than Hooli at times.

GTG
Andy

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[quote="Arizonaheat"]
Quote:

Only authorized personnel know the exact location, really hmmmmm

I had a feeling You would know that they are mistaken about that statement Kent! Very Happy

http://community.webshots.com/album/136917818udlQWZ
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just went horseback riding at the OK Corral, I didn't know Ron was the owner of it.

Historical Exploration And Treasures (.H.E.A.T.) -Kent do you have some share in that.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So GTG do they ever come to any point in the Peralta stones map disscussion or do they just argue all the way through... I read two pages then skipped to the last page and they are still arguing over weather this Wyatt person is famous! Any thing I can learn from that post or just completely skip it?

I want to shine!
Kristyn

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: discussion boards and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
Be advised though, those guys over on that board can be more ornery than Hooli at times.GTG

More ornery than Hooli, never......... Very Happy
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Diane,
I started reading it also and decided it wasn't worth my time. Nothing but rants and arguments it seems. Who needs that? I did notice however, that Dr. Thomas Glover hangs out there. I'm in the middle of one of his books... "The Lost Dutchman Mine Of Jacob Waltz, Part 1: The Golden Dream". It's a pretty good history of the area and many of the characters that have searched for the mine.
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: discussion boards and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kristyn wrote:
GTG wrote:
Be advised though, those guys over on that board can be more ornery than Hooli at times.GTG

Thank you Kristyn! They may aspire to be more ornery than I, but that's just wishful thinkin' on their part Twisted Evil

As to Goat boy..... Moon
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
GTG

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hikngrl wrote:
So GTG do they ever come to any point in the Peralta stones map disscussion or do they just argue all the way through... I read two pages then skipped to the last page and they are still arguing over weather this Wyatt person is famous! Any thing I can learn from that post or just completely skip it?

Skip that post. If you pick through all the post topics back to page 7, you can find very interesting facts in their board. They do waste a lot of time on useless arguments.

thesuperstitions wrote:
Diane,
I started reading it also and decided it wasn't worth my time. Nothing but rants and arguments it seems. Who needs that? I did notice however, that Dr. Thomas Glover hangs out there. I'm in the middle of one of his books... "The Lost Dutchman Mine Of Jacob Waltz, Part 1: The Golden Dream". It's a pretty good history of the area and many of the characters that have searched for the mine.

When you finish the first book, make sure you have the second one ready to go. You won't want to stop with the first book and reading the second one while the material is still fresh from the first is helpful.

Our old friend Wiz hangs out over there and a few others that have been here. Jim Hatt used to hang out over at HAZ, he went out with us once. I'd like to get the chance to talk to him again but he's probably busy with Ron at the moment.

GTG
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: discussion boards and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kristyn wrote:
GTG wrote:

Completely and totally impossible!
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/12/2004, 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

When you finish the first book, make sure you have the second one ready to go. You won't want to stop with the first book and reading the second one while the material is still fresh from the first is helpful.

I ordered both books together, so I'll be hitting the second right after I'm done with the first. Highly recommended reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: