ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Server Problems Again!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 1:49 pm    Post subject: Server Problems Again! Reply to topic Reply with quote

As some of you may have noticed the site has run very slowly lately. At times it's been down too. We are working through some issues with it and it may go up and down a bit for a few days more yet. We're not going anywhere, it just may be a bit before we can get a handle on our problem. I know that some of you have some pictures to load up to the Gallery and I'd like to ask you to wait until we give the OK before you upload them. My boss (father) has screamed about the server issue for a while now, today we discovered it actually had something to do with the arizonahikers.com site. If we can't get this resolved, then we'll move the site to our own server and locate the server somewhere else. Hopefully it won't come to that and we'll get this straightened out soon.

Thanks for your patience,
GTG
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tell your boss (father) we appreciate all he's doing for us! Agree (and give yourself a pat on the back there too! ...oh and you too, mike Ok )

...no complaints from the peanut gallery, besides patience is a virtue! Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Hnak

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Tell your boss (father) we appreciate all he's doing for us! Agree (and give yourself a pat on the back there too! ...oh and you too, mike Ok )

I definitely agree!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Ditto ...

BTW, is our rather large gallery that is contributing to the issues ?
Daryl

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's it. These outages are too much for me to handle. I'm going to go start a new site!

JK you guys provide a great service, keep up the good work.

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Zippin' right along now, GTG; seems you doin' your geek stuff done did the trick.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
GTG

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 7:06 pm    Post subject: happiness abounds and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well things seem happy now, go ahead and load some pictures if y'all want. We are still doing some things to the server that may throw things around a bit. As a matter of fact we have to change the IP address of the site. If it seems to go down, give it a bit and we should come back.

We'll be changing the address late tonight so as to hopefully not interfere with your browsing capabilities.

GTG
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was beginning to wonder. Couldn't get connected in the morning without a fight.

Glad you guys found some tweaks.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

We'll be changing the address late tonight so as to hopefully not interfere with your browsing capabilities.

One thing to note, it can a day or two for the new IP address to propagate to DNS servers around the net. If you can't hit the site using the domain name in the meantime, you can do so using the IP address. Todd, can you post the new IP address now, if you know what it is?
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG,

It was a little slow the past couple of days but seems to be back up to speed. I know everyone shares the same sentiment so THANKS to you and "Dad" for all your hard work to keep this site going!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
GTG

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 8:00 pm    Post subject: IP address and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

The new IP for the site will be - 69.50.194.125 . I'll make it so that y'all won't even know. I've done this on 33 sites and 2 DNS servers in a week, I think I have it down now. Shocked Goat

GTG
jlb

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 6:51 am    Post subject: new year hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would like to have some info on your New Years day hike...And not being a computer knowledgable guy , I'm having trouble figuring out how to ask and where..Can you help......whomever this message is going to...john bain
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: new year hike Reply to topic Reply with quote

jlb wrote:
I would like to have some info on your New Years day hike...And not being a computer knowledgable guy , I'm having trouble figuring out how to ask and where..Can you help......whomever this message is going to...john bain
Read through this topic: http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2407 You can post any questions about the hike there, too.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/24/2005, 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is anyone else having a problem getting on the site today or is it just me? Maybe they limited me to 10 login's a day Confused
GTG

PostPosted: 1/24/2005, 3:24 pm    Post subject: nope Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope Tim, we just didn't like you around here so much anymore. Wink

Actually our server is getting bombed with SPAM today and were doing something about it right now to help alleviate the issues with the server/site. The server will probably go down for 15 minutes or so this afternoon and then things should be right.

GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: