ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Butterfly tent at Phoenix Botanical Garden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: 10/25/2004, 6:00 pm    Post subject: Butterfly tent at Phoenix Botanical Garden Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you haven't been to the Phoenix Botanical Garden recently they have the butterfly tent full of monarchs right now. Make sure to bring a camera and know how to use the macro mode...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v312/Louddog/Phoenix%20Botanical%20Garden/October%2024%202004/

I went Sunday with some photography friends.

PostPosted: 10/25/2004, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome. I'm going to have to take my daughter there. She'll love it. Thanks Daryl. Rolling Eyes
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/25/2004, 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, it is awesome. And if you go to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, don't miss the Hummingbird enclosure!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/25/2004, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Yes, it is awesome. And if you go to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, don't miss the Hummingbird enclosure!

That was my favorite part of the Sonoran Desert Museum. I think the last time I was there was in 1993. I think I need to get back there for some digital shots!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 10/25/2004, 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is an excellent exhibit -- just make sure you go there when iot is warm so the butterflies are flying about!
Daryl

PostPosted: 10/26/2004, 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
This is an excellent exhibit -- just make sure you go there when iot is warm so the butterflies are flying about!

Easier to take pictures when it's cool and they don't fly though Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: