ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A HAIKU.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abe

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 3:28 pm    Post subject: A HAIKU..... Reply to topic Reply with quote

A haiku written today deep in the bowels of the manufacturing plant I work at in Prescott, Arizona.

"Dark, gray, scent of snow,
a chill breeze calls me to walk
nature's comfort folds."
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A HAIKU..... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Abe wrote:
A haiku written today deep in the bowels of the manufacturing plant I work at in Prescott, Arizona.

"Dark, gray, scent of snow,
a chill breeze calls me to walk
nature's comfort folds."

Where do you work?
Abe

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I work at Sturm, Ruger, and Co, Inc. Gun Division.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice one Abe.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very nice Abe!

Makes me wish I was back in Sedona or anywhere but the Valley!

I'll write a haiku tomorrow from my work place but it may not pass the censors here on AZH

Crazy

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Brrrr! Abe! Write one about the sun! I need sun ! Very nice Abe!

I want to shine!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/20/2004, 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK D~~~

Here's one for you

Yellow orb rising
Darkness fades to brilliant heat
Warming all nature

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Abe

PostPosted: 10/21/2004, 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Brrrr! Abe! Write one about the sun! I need sun !
Chuckle

Thanks Trish, for warming "D" with the sun haiku, warmed me up this early in the morning. Ok

Cap "D" come on, we live in Arizona, the sun's about as domesticated as my life, but weather change; my face in the breeze feeling the caress, the sound of trees blowing to and fro, the smell of damp earth,,,,,,ah, that is what daydreaming is all about.
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 10/21/2004, 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, no, no, no, no. I never day dream of snow! I love my sun! Cold is not my friend. It makes me feel helpless and forlorn.

Thank you Trish! YOu are a pal!

I want to shine!
Sparrish

PostPosted: 10/21/2004, 7:17 am    Post subject: More Haiku Reply to topic Reply with quote

Follow the old trail
To the cold blue mountain lake
Toss my remains in the drink

Tacos fly on wings
To circle the burning sun
No salsa to go

Water plays music
Over rocks in the river
Touch my soul with song
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 10/21/2004, 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Scott, that last one reminds me of sleeping at night by the Paria and listening to it run as I slept...

I want to shine!
Abe

PostPosted: 10/21/2004, 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
No, no, no, no, no. I never day dream of snow! I love my sun! Cold is not my friend. It makes me feel helpless and forlorn.

Chuckle Absolutely. I agree with the above, when I was stationed in Wisconsin. However, this ol' boy is from Arizona, stationed in 29 Palms 5 years, seen plenty of fun in the sun. Hence the sun is as domisticated as my lifestyle; therefore, any change in weather is exciting for me. Monsoons in the summer, cold gray days such as today, it is just something different from an otherwise normal day here in our lovely state of Arizona. Very Happy

Let me share an example. The long and short. Last winter hiked a trail near Prescott. It was a pleasant trail going uphill and I couldn't wait to hike back down to see the awesome clear view to the east. Got to top looked west over Prescott and knew snow was coming. Half hour later my world changed into something beautiful, visibility down a half mile, the soft sound of snow hitting the pines, scrub oak, and my hat. The warm cozy feeling of small hope for a forest ravage by drought and bark beetles. Yes, cold, wet, but it doesn't happen enough here, and snow in Arizona is like a frozen reservior for spring run-off. Because we never know when we might get wet again.

:wink:Opps, sorry. Buy you a beer? Beer

Scott, nice "Ku's". Have to agree with "D' Agree , the last one is awesome. Ok
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/27/2004, 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Abe wrote:
I work at Sturm, Ruger, and Co, Inc. Gun Division.

Wulfsberg Electronics, right across the runway, on top of the hill.. I'll wave at ya..

Hank
Hnak

PostPosted: 10/27/2004, 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Scott, that last one reminds me of sleeping at night by the Paria and listening to it run as I slept...

I understand how you feel, going to sleep (and waking up) to the sound of a creek running by is very relaxing...

And, although you might not agree, sleeping snugly in a cozy sleeping bag while the snow falls outside the tent is really nice too. (However, getting up in the morning can be a challenge...) Amazed
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/27/2004, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

I understand how you feel, going to sleep (and waking up) to the sound of a creek running by is very relaxing...

But it makes you have to PEE in the night Sad

Quote:

And, although you might not agree, sleeping snugly in a cozy sleeping bag while the snow falls outside the tent is really nice too. (However, getting up in the morning can be a challenge...)

I would love to wake up and be surrounded by a fresh snowfall. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: