ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dial up isp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 10/18/2004, 9:33 am    Post subject: Dial up isp Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anyone have a better server(dial up) that AOL?? They bite! I cannot load pics, navigate, and get frozen or dropped or updated. Are all dialups as bad? I cannot afford COX right now. Any ideas anyone?? Question
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 10/18/2004, 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try NetZero. They have 2 levels of service. A friend of mine has used them for years (since they were actually free!). AOL doesn't have the nickname AO-HELL for nothing!!!! I think the NetZero package is about $6.00/month.

Ken
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/18/2004, 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I used to have dancris and cybertrails as ISP. I was very happy with cybertrails. They have both the dial up and the high speed cable. Mary
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 10/18/2004, 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, Ken and Mary. Yeah, Twisted Evil AOL has lots of nicknames for sure!
cakewalk

PostPosted: 10/18/2004, 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Earthlink Dialup isnt too horrible just dont install he software - use dial-up networking
ghoster

PostPosted: 10/19/2004, 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you look in the yellow pages, there are many, I use one called Extreme internet, I just changed because they have a local phone number for customer service, and only ten buck a month. Seems to be as good as any other dial up, and no trouble getting connected. There is a ten dollar set up fee one time. I always try to get the cheapest dial up that I can. As long as they offer tech support and a local customer service number, but I am not sure if I can recommend on the web site. Sorry if I made an error.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 10/19/2004, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Interwrx (www.interwrx.com) in Mesa has terrific support 7AM - 11PM daily.
I'm unsure of their rates, but the company is first rate.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: