ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
As a result of a recent topic of conversation....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 9/20/2004, 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I use the good old fashioned telephone method and call my primary contact people who then call the other people on their list. For example, I call my parents who then call person #1 and person #2 on my list who are usually from this forum.

When I hike alone I do the same thing and don't rely on email alone due to what Bill said above.

It's just a safe way to hike.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 9/20/2004, 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Leave vehicle description, VIN and plate number with support folks as well. The first thing S&R can do is check to see if the vehicle is still at the TH. If it is, thats a good sign you are still in the field. If it is gone, you may be too, or else you are delayed AND have a stolen car.....
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/21/2004, 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok... I admitted right off the bat that this probably wasn't a good idea....would have erased it but didn't know how....

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: