ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Gmail
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
cakewalk

PostPosted: 9/14/2004, 9:57 pm    Post subject: Gmail Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have 5 gmail accounts to give away...

Anybody want?

first 5 to reply with email address will get one..
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/15/2004, 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What the heck is a gmail account?

I want to shine!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 9/15/2004, 6:44 am    Post subject: gmail and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's webmail by Google. 1 GB of storage, free lifetime account. you had to have a special invite to get it.

GTG
cakewalk

PostPosted: 9/15/2004, 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Correct..... and every so often, Google will hand out new invites to those who already have an account to give away.

Update:

All Gone! Chihiggs, Daddee, ghoster, AK, and jim_the_hiker claimed 1 each.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/3/2004, 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have 6 invites. If you're interested in a Gmail account, shoot me a pm with your email address and real first/last name.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/10/2004, 4:50 pm    Post subject: Gmail Users Soon Able to Check E-Mail Via Outlook Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yahoo News wrote:
Gmail Users Soon Able to Check E-Mail Via Outlook
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Web search leader Google Inc. said on Wednesday it will soon make it possible for users of its free Gmail service to check their e-mail via Microsoft Outlook or on certain handheld devices such as mobile phones.

Google said it is adding POP, or point of presence, access to Gmail for all users over the next couple of weeks. The move will enable Gmail users to download a copy of their messages through other e-mail programs, such as Outlook and Eudora, and devices that support POP.

Using POP access, Gmail users would also be able to view their messages offline.

Google, which had its much-anticipated initial public offering in mid-August, recently has been adding address book and other features to its advertising-supported Gmail service launched this spring.

Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc., which compete with Google in Web search, also offer rival free e-mail services.

Google shares, which briefly topped $200 after debuting at $85, closed at $167.86 on the Nasdaq, off one half of a percent on the day.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=582&e=1&u=/nm/20041110/wr_nm/tech_google_gmail_dc
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/19/2004, 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I'm all out of gmail invites. The last one was just taken tonight. If I get more, I'll post here.
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 12/14/2004, 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have one gmail invitation left to give away. If you'd like it, PM me with your current email address, first and last name.
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 12/26/2004, 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have 3 gmail invitations left for give away.
If interested PM me with your current email address, first and last name.
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 12/26/2004, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They just gave me 10 to give away. If anyone wants one, send me a PM.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
AK

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm having some problems with my G-mail. When I get an e-mail that I want to forward to everyone in my address book, I have to manually type in they're addresses. Is there a shortcut to use to avoid all the typing? Mike? And i'm not recieveing alot of the attachments that come with them.

Oh, and I have 6 accounts to give away if anyone is interested. Pm me with your name and e-mail.

"Can't think of a good signature quote". - Me
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aaron, just click on "Contacts", which will take you to your address book. From there, click on "All Contacts" at the top of the page and then "Select All" at the bottom of that page. Once all contacts are check-marked, click on the "Compose" at the top of the page.

I can't explain why you're not receiving your attachments. Speaking of which... I found a neat little gmail utility that creates a virtual drive ("gdrive") on your PC that, when you drag-and-drop files to it, it creates emails to your gmail account and sends them. Great for those of us that want to quickly and easily transfer files between computers. The 10 MB attachment length that gmail imposes on attachments limits the size of the files you can transfer though. Here's the link:

http://majorgeeks.com/download4405.html

Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AK

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Ken. That suggestion only seems to work if i'm composing new mail. My problem is when i'm forwarding a message that a friend sent to me.

"Can't think of a good signature quote". - Me
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I ran across this during a GMail search. I kinda had the feeling at first that it was "too good to be true", and is it really a generous offering by Google? Just didn't seem right for some reason. Especially with all of the "free" offers. I'm one of those overly careful surfers I guess. At a gig per account, something will have to pop sooner or later. That's a lot of space. Especially when they're giving them away at the drop of a hat.

I'd suggest being careful too y'alls...

Trust noone (read few) on the Internet these days... if you're smart.

http://www.google-watch.org/gmail.html
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 12/29/2004, 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aaron,

You're right, it doesn't seem like there's any direct way to forward to everyone in you contacts list. Here's a work around though:

Do everything I mentioned in my previous post. This will give you the whole list in the email you're composing. Copy that and paste it into the email you're trying to forward, in the "To:" area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: