ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
TNF warranty repairs???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
oriole_scott

PostPosted: 7/19/2004, 12:31 pm    Post subject: TNF warranty repairs??? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with warranty repairs for North Face gear? I've got a TNF daypack with a bad zipper and a backpacking pack that needs new padding in the waist belt (I can't just replace it with a generic new one because the belt has attachments for shock absorbers). Their website has a good FAQ list, but I'm a bit hesitant about sending off my only 2 backpacks without some assurance that they'll fix things relatively quickly or that non-warranty repairs (the belt??) won't cost a fortune.

Thanks!
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 7/19/2004, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you get if from REI? if you did, they will take care of all the warranty stuff for you. Popular's pretty good about that stuff too.

If you're nercous about not getting your bags back fast enough you can try asking them to replace them, camelbak did it for me, they just sent out a new bag and when it got there I put the old one (the one in need of repair) in the box and sent it back to them, brand new bag and I never had to do without. I've had several other companies do the same thing (not gear related) so it's not altogether uncommon. You might at least ask them if they can do that for you.
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 7/21/2004, 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try calling them on the phone. Do a google search.
oriole_scott

PostPosted: 7/21/2004, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. Actually, I didn't get the packs at REI, (and I feel like I've abused their over-generous return policy enough in the past - though not near as much as some friends of mine).

The TNF website has a very clear description of how returns work. I was just curious to see if anyone had any personal experience with them and if things work as nicely as the website suggest. I'll probably just send one of the packs in and see how it goes...
ck1

PostPosted: 7/29/2004, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had my mtn jacket repaired about 9 years ago...I put a hole in the left shoulder hoisting my old external frame pack onto my back on a Grand Canyon backpacking trip in college...tore a nice hole in it...anyways, the jacket was probably 4 years old at the time, and had faded a bit, so when the repair came back, they had replaced a rather large section, and the color was off a bit, not much, but just enough that I noticed it...regardless, the repair was done well, and I've had no problems with it...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: