ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
OLD PHOTO'S OF OURSELVES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
Me, on the other hand, it was easy for me to agree with someone when they said I didn't have a hair on my azz... LOL.
:shades:
That's a lot more than most of us wanted to know... :((

HikerInGilbert wrote:
A pic of me and one of my first vehicle projects. Built that thing from the ground up. Circa 1979. JW63 eat your heart out... except for that ding in the door, it was pretty cherry. Not bad for a young punk.
Nice Bug, dude. That pic, Dr. Watson, appears to have been taken in July of 1979, at about 1:45pm on a Saturday in North Evanston, Illinois. The car had between one-half and three-quarters tank of gas. Beside the ding in the door, it had a small scratch in the right rear fender about 27" from the ground and both rear bumper guards had scuff marks. It's amazing how much info there is in a non-digital pic. :))
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What??? No license plate number????

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
What??? No license plate number????

:mrgreen:
Two alpha and five numerics, but that's too easy. The plates were stamped in a certain facility in Joliet, Illinois, in 1978. Green on a white background. Under the words "Land of Lincoln" (LOL). Also, the right rear tire was at only 23PSI.
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 7/4/2004, 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

With all of this information this is starting to remind me of the forensic shows I like to watch.... BTW- thanks, Mike... I got my picture posted... and yep, you guessed it... Black & White! Rolling Eyes (Thanks Suz for pointing out the age differences denoted by B&W or color... as if rigor mortis setting in after 7 miles of hiking isn't enough to remind us! Eek -- your time is coming.... )
Suzaz

PostPosted: 7/4/2004, 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cute picture Valet2. If your hubby still wants you to wear a sunsuit like the one in the B&W picture I suppose it just doesn't matter how old you are....if you've still got it.....age apparently isn't a factor!

(did I get out of that gracefully???????)

Posted another VW picture for JW63 to analyze.
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 7/4/2004, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

rofl whoa-- pretty smooth and graceful- shouldn't have mentioned "B&W" again though... that's a sore spot with us "elders"....you must be edjumacated or just full of it... Wink (can I take my boots off now?)
Suzaz

PostPosted: 7/4/2004, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did I mention how good it is to see you posting and how much I love this avatar of the two of you?

(see no mention of black and white or age.....I CAN do it!) smooooooooooooth.....repaired????
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 7/7/2004, 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes btw, those are two pics of me that Kent so graciously volunteered to post for me in the gallery. The one in the blue dress was around 3-4 yrs old, and the goat pic was around 9ish.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 7/20/2004, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I found this early photo of GTG...

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 7/20/2004, 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So the appropriate caption should be:

GTG washes his snake.

I just scared myself.

Jamie is having a little too much fun with snake pictures.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 7/20/2004, 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:

Jamie is having a little too much fun with snake pictures.

You're not the only one who's bored these days!! Snake Nah Nah! Snake

evenstar

PostPosted: 8/1/2004, 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just received these photos from best friend in high school. Photo on bottom taken during one of our many canasta games. From left to right, Me, Tony (another close friend who was in Soladad State Prison last I heard) Clair (Partially hidden) and Tony's little brother. Photo on top was before we picked up our dates for our Senior Ball 1955.

When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Abe

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I had promised myself after the move and when I got the scanner up and running I would post a pic of my younger days. Well it's there on the; "Our old pictures. When did they look like that" album. Can't get it on this post.

But it was when I was about 15 or 16 at the Union Mine near Humboldt. Here's the site with a little history.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/unionmine.html
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://arizonahikers.com/forum/album.php?a=albuo72
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've added mine to the gallery too. OK, stop laughing, and no more "Opie" jokes!!! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: