ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
OLD PHOTO'S OF OURSELVES
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 5:12 pm    Post subject: OLD PHOTO'S OF OURSELVES Reply to topic Reply with quote

I enjoyed the photo that BoyNhisDog posted of himself at South Mountain Park, with his dog, 40 years ago, I thought it would be fun if we all posted some old photo’s of ourselves. It will be a lot of fun and probably provide some good laughs and bring back fond memories. The photo’s can be of your childhood, when you were a hippie or whatnot.

At first I thought I could open a Gallery album and give everyone access, we could post our photo’s anonymously and have a contest to see who could name the most, but I wasn’t sure if everyone has access to the gallery, so I decieded on a forum post instead, besides I think doing it in the forum will be more fun.

It will take a bit of effort since you will need to either scan in a photo of yourself or take a picture of a photo of yourself with a digital camera, then download it from there. The one I’m posting is a picture of a slide I took with my digital so quality isn’t the best, but old photo’s aren’t the best quality.

I will start it off by posting the one of Glen he put up, then one of me.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is the photo BoynHisDog posted of himself with his narrative.

This is me at South Mountain Park in the mid-60s with my dog. I could ride my bicycle across Phoenix then and I did on occasion. I was always an adventurer. Now 40 years later, I fly over that metropolis and look down on how things just happen. What will it be in 40 more years or 400?

Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is a photo of me, also in the mid 60's, I was probably around 8 years old at the time so this is 40 years ago. Like Glen, I was always an adventurer and had the opportunity to grow up in the Mountains of Northwest Colorado ( Steamboat Springs) where I lived for 40 plus years. Being in the outdoors was, still is, and always will be a way of life.

BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very cool shot there Heat. Colorado is such an excellent place.

We lived in Phoenix for three years and I was 9 when we arrived and 11 when we left. I think my heart stayed behind in the desert though. From there we went to the Winnebago reservation in Nebraska and after that the Turtle Mountain Reservation in North Dakota where a band of Chippewa lived. The Chippewa are an interesting bunch. Everyone knows of the Sioux. They conquered more geographical territory than Genghis Khan. Well, the Chippewa kept them out of their lands.

Phoenix was the largest place we lived. Most of the time we lived somewhere at the end of the dirt road somewhere on the periphery of things, places that made most other rural places look urban. Sometimes there were no other people for miles or if there were they were either 80 years old or doctors and nurses. The outdoors became my own refuge, a place of immense comfort. I loved to study the microcosm of life out there as much as I did wandering the vast spaces.

The dog in the photo is Terry. She was super smart. I remember once on the trails of South Mountain we came upon a guy with two threatening big black dogs. I called Terry and she jumped into my arms. She could be a little devil as well though. Close to our house was a man who owned a prize bull, a good 2000 pounds I bet. Terry would get into the corral and torment the bull as the man yelled at me to corral my dog. Shocked
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I was probably around 8 years old at the time

When we are out there hiking and exploring I always feel the boy in him come out. Looks like he was packing some serious heat here. Little did he know then he would become Arizonaheat, LOL. This is a great pic and he still that cute! What a great topic to post, now I am going to look for a special pic. Cant wait to see some good ones! Laughing
SJ
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome pic's. Mary
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

......great pic and he still that cute

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Quote:

Awesome pic's. Mary

Mary,get to looking for one to post, you aren't getting off the hook!! If you need help let me know.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Laughing Well, I do have my centerfold picture, but no scanner. I bet no one every thought that I could ever be glamorous?!! I would hate to lose my reputation. I know that I'm really going to enjoy this thread! Good idea. BTW, Kent, were you born tall? Mary
cakewalk

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The only pic I have of myself is the one on the left... And Half of that is fake!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 6/29/2004, 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Which half?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sure it's the left half Stan!

I want to shine!
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here is my contribution to the “old photos “ thread. This was on my 4th birthday where I grew up in the lovely corn and basketball state of Indiana. I will never forget this birthday cake…complete with circus carousel, the plastic animals were 3D and moved up and down the poles just like a real merry go ‘round. They just don’t make ‘em like that anymore. I remember keeping those plastic animals as toys after the cake was devoured, and they became part of an outdoor safari in my sandbox. This picture brought back a lot of wonderful memories and certainly thoughts of a time when things were much simpler and values were constantly a part of life….the 60’s!!

Shihiyea

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, Sande, you are too huggable and WAY too CUTE! Mr. Green I guess you haven't changed much! Glad you never lost that beautiful smile and cheerful eyes.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
Oh, Sande, you are too huggable and WAY too CUTE! Mr. Green I guess you haven't changed much! Glad you never lost that beautiful smile and cheerful eyes.

You know when I first saw Kent's pic, I thought 'yep, that looks just like Kent!', then when I saw Sande's pic, I thought 'wow, that looks JUST like Sande!!!'...(sorry Glen I've never seen you so I can't tell if your pic looks like you or not, Wink )

wouldn't it be fun if we could put these up anonymously and try to "guess" who's who?

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
wouldn't it be fun if we could put these up anonymously and try to "guess" who's who?

Great idea, that would be fun!
GB
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: