ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
July 4, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Plans for 4th of July
Staying in the city to watch fireworks
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Heading out of the city to get away from it all
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
backpacking, watching for shooting stars as entertainment
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Waiting for someone to tell me to get a life; I have NO plans
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yep, we got a Sprouts not far from our house I love having it there! I just went there today as a matter of fact. Any one know how to cook cod?

I want to shine!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We usually bake it in foil. I'll see if I can find the recipe for you.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
Oh, yea - and they're opening an AJ's out in the East Valley on Val Vista and Baseline - less than 3 miles from home!

Oh yeah? When is this supposed to happen? I've been wanting to check one of those places out.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
Yep, we got a Sprouts not far from our house I love having it there! I just went there today as a matter of fact. Any one know how to cook cod?
I love having the Sprouts there, but discovered that they don't have very much organic food and I can really taste the difference. I wish we would get a Wild Oats out here.

I foil my fish with whatever spices I feel like. Generally spicey. I love using ginger with my fish and chicken. I grilled a wonderful chicken breast last night with a white wine, garlic and ginger root. It was to die for!
vls01

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 6:01 pm    Post subject: July 4, 04 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Up here in Michigan we are going out to our new cabin on the lake, the kids and spouses are coming for several days.

The men are going to work, we women are going to WARM UP my prepared food, eat watermelon, have a Margarita, (sp?) for the first time ever! Listen to our loons back there, the beavers slapping their tails on the water, see our eagle who has shown itself the last two weekends, watch the Hooded Merganser ducks, listen for the coyotes, watch the moon rise, and the sunrise, hmmm, oh yes, our daughter is a CMT and plans on working on old mom's and pop's sore backs. AHHHHH, life if Good!

Did I mention we have the ONLY cabin on this little inland lake on Drummond? Eat your hearts out!

Viv
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
I want a Whole Foods over here on the west side! It's not fair! You east side people get all the good stuff!

Diane,

Don't you have a Sprouts out in Peoria now??? They just opened one up on Brown and Gilbert here. GREAT prices. Not exactly close for me but it's right on my way home from work!

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: July 4, 04 Reply to topic Reply with quote

vls01 wrote:

Did I mention we have the ONLY cabin on this little inland lake on Drummond? Eat your hearts out!

Viv

Viv, you can't say something like that and NOT share the site!!! Your island is gorgeous! I was talking to someone the other day about the cry of the loon. It's been years since I've heard it in the wild. How lucky you are! Enjoy yourself! Mary

p.s. so can I come to visit? Imagine an island all to yourself!
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

On the extremely rare excursions into wally world, I immediately head for AJ's to cleanse myself.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh yeah? When is this supposed to happen? I've been wanting to check one of those places out.

It's over in that new retail space on the west side of Val Vista just to the south of the Superchicken freeway. They've got the building up, but I don't know when they're supposed to have it open.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
ck1

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I live about 1/4 mile from that shopping area (NE corner of ValVista/Baseline)...it's going to be a nice addition, especially with the Barnes and Noble...

I didn't know we lived so close to each other Daddee...I knew Tom was over here somewhere...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you guys in the appartments over there?

I'm on Higley and Southern - the Stone Gate subdivision. We're just to the west of the canal south of southern.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dang y'all must have the state's highest density of AZH members in that neighborhood! Doesn't JW live in that area, too?
ck1

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
I'm on Higley and Southern - the Stone Gate subdivision. We're just to the west of the canal south of southern.

I know where Stone Gate is...I ran past there yesterday...

Daddee wrote:
Are you guys in the appartments over there?

Nope, we've got a house in a private neighborhood off of 39th street called Concord Village....it's kinda hidden, kinda nice...it's secluded and quiet .

mike wrote:
Doesn't JW live in that area, too?

He does, I've run into him at Home Depot several times (he picked out our wonderful new sink!) as well as running on the canals!

Tony's about 10 miles away, and Heat's somewhere nearby as well. So's Sande I think...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 6/30/2004, 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm only about ten miles east from that area too~~~

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/1/2004, 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dcornelius wrote:
This is one of our favorite ways to cook cod (or any mild white fish):
Mediterranean Baked Cod - http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=161403

Ingredients :
2 lb cod fillets
28 oz Italian-style stewed tomatoes (canned)
1 tbl capers drained
12 x pitted black olives or pimiento stuffed green olives
2 tbl grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Rinse fish and gently pat dry. Arrange fish in a large baking dish.
Pour stewed tomatoes and juice over fish. Sprinkle capers and olives over fish, then top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes for 1" thick fillets, or until slightly opaque in the center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: