ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Hooli's Updates on Bo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/6/2003, 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, Bo was truly a great dog and a great friend. He's with Star and his mother, Lady, now. I love you Bo and you will always be in my heart.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/6/2003, 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry Hooli. You know my thoughts/prayers are with you.

I can't think of anything else to say.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
desertgirl

PostPosted: 2/6/2003, 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thoughts & prayers for Bo..He is in Doggie Heaven - Only place where dogs go!

Hoolie, you did the right thing even though it waqs hard. Greatly appreciate your care & concern for your best friends!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 2/6/2003, 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli,

I know your pain. Only time will heal, and then the memories will make you smile.
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/6/2003, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Like everyone else Hooli, I am very sorry. I have two companions myself and know how I feel about them. My prayers are with you.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 1:10 am    Post subject: dogs and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Another good man loses a good dog.

Sorry man.

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Though Lady was never diagnosed with cancer of the liver and spleen, her symptoms were virtually identical to Bo's; mass in the abdomen, refusal to eat, etc. She waited 'til the last minute to show symptoms and by the time she did, she had a collapsed lung and her chest and abdominal cavities were full of fluid. Bo never reached that state, but was on the way when he was put to sleep yesterday. Because of Lady and Bo, I took Dew in for a full blood panel this morning. Vet just called and test results are nearly identical to Bo's of a month ago. No symptoms yet; when Dew, my little garbage disposal, loses her appetite that will be a world class scoop. Now comes the waiting...
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
srlatty

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Take Dew, treat her like the queen that she is! She's the last of a group that has been your constant companions since they were nothing more than a bunch of rat-like creatures making puddles on your floor. Sit back, think of all the bad, yes bad, things she has done over the years: they are usually the most memorable and the most endearing! Then think about the good times. Most of all: Cherish the time you've had!
Hooli, my heart goes out to you Crying or Very sad You've had more than your share of losses over the last few months. May the good Lord watch over both of you.
And just remember, when you get to Rainbow Bridge, you're gonna get mobbed!
Keep us informed...........
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 9:56 pm    Post subject: It never rains but it pours Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow: Hoolie, this really sucks. I can't imagine this is anything but some weird congenital situation. I would imagine that-as a breeder- you have already thought about contacting other breeders/littermates upstream in the gene pool to see if this has appeared elsewhere.

It is difficult to figure out what to say to someone who has suffered a single loss. What do you say to someone who has lost their whole family?

I wish there was some way to help carry this burden for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you. -R
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli, this is just plain not fair. Please know that Mrs. Mike & I have you and Dew in our prayers. If there's anything we can do, let us know. Hang in there, my friend.
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/8/2003, 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: It never rains but it pours Reply to topic Reply with quote

CatValet wrote:
I would imagine that-as a breeder- you have already thought about contacting other breeders/littermates upstream in the gene pool to see if this has appeared elsewhere.

Hard to figure it's congenital; Lady was three years older than the pups. Sire's still alive at almost fourteen and the line he came from is going strong. Lady's parents are gone, but both lived past thirteen and had no known liver problems. Think it's got to be something environmental, though have no idea what; nothing in my backyard but granite, cactus, three citrus trees and two Honeysuckle shrubs. Since they don't have grass to eat I know they do occasionally nibble on the Honeysuckle, but I've been assured that Honeysuckle isn't carcinogenic. I've just got these great big empty holes in my life and another one on the way. When do I run out of tears?
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wish there was more we could do for you John. But what we can do (hopes/thoughts/prayers) we are doing for you. You have a lot of people who care - and they're all pulling for you and the Hooligans.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
I wish there was more we could do for you John. But what we can do (hopes/thoughts/prayers) we are doing for you. You have a lot of people who care - and they're all pulling for you and the Hooligans.

Thanks Daddee, I know that and it really does help me get through this. I'm fortunate to have a support group like this.

On another subject, glad to hear your knee's holding up. Look forward to getting a chance to hike with you.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As soon as you're able - we'll do the trail of your choice.

- Abraham Lincoln
srlatty

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
As soon as you're able - we'll do the trail of your choice.

I'd like to be in on that as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: