ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Sorry to be political, but this is too funny
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 9:29 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I totally agree on all your points, Brad. I never said he should be silenced, or that I agree with the charges filed with the FEC. I only pointed out that Moore misstated the facts of that case.

With regard to my opinion of Mr. Moore and his work, I'll let one of Mr. Moore's peers state my opinion for me:

"Anybody who deliberately propagandizes with lies should be held up to scorn and ridicule."
- Al Franken
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 10:42 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
"Anybody who deliberately propagandizes with lies should be held up to scorn and ridicule."
- Al Franken

OK, OK, I won't post any more lies......Sheesh!

Well, 'cept for this one
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 10:58 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
OK, OK, I won't post any more lies......Sheesh!
Oh sure, like we're gonna be live a big pumpkin propagandist like you!! Rolling Eyes
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 2:30 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Quote:
i still think he's a bafoon trying to undermine democracy through the totally biased media..

I agree somewhat with the bufoon part, but he's a very media savy bafoon who knows exactly what he's doing.

However, I don't think he's undermining democracy. He's using the system to promote his own agenda true, but he's doing it in ways that are perfectly legal under current laws, so you can hardly fault him for that.

He's also able to leverage a generally left leaning entertainment and media industry to his advantage. Also perfectly legal and very smart.

And last, although I disagree with him - he's exercising his right to free speech, and I applaud him for it. I don't like his message, and I don't like the way he has chosen to deliver it, and I also don't agree with all of his conclusions or "facts" - but he is standing up and demanding notice for a controversial viewpoint, and for that he deserves some credit.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 4:53 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

He is playing devils advocate and getting noticed. The world is talkin' now and that's what he wants.

I want to shine!
samiam

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 10:06 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

well i just feel that a lie is a lie is a lie and ive heard alot from him and some people are verry impresionable, As for the free spech part i think he's just exersizing his freedome but at a time of war! lives are at steak and i feel the message is undermining the war whitch in turn makes it more dangerouse..I know those people watch TV over there and what they see surly raises doubt if they think it fact..i mean what is the movie really about?? Fact or fiction and whats being said? For another country to see all thats going on over hear must shurley be something to laugh at. its amazing that some one can go on telivision and tell what i call lie's! whitch most of us can see through but other countries cant will do nothing good for US. I know it will naturally make more hate toward's us as a country. It's my opinion that in times like this we need to forget our own agenda's and focus on our country being united...Just like the lakers and piston's...can anyone say who was united? Surly to be victorious united we should stand..I might not agree with all that goes on in this country but i love it none the less..And i also know that my belief is but a small opinion..whitch like butts we all have one.. Moon ..I feel there is a fine line between fredom of speech and manipulation by means..My kidds dont have freedome of speech cause i choose to controle what come's out of there mouth due to the sensitive natures involved.. NOW WHAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD ABOUT???? Question yoyo Chuckle Scared Smiley-Alien Doh! Beer USA USA USA USA GOD BLESS THE USA
cactuscat

PostPosted: 6/27/2004, 3:37 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I just returned from seeing the movie, and it was amazingly powerful. I think every democrat should take a republican friend to see it!
ck1

PostPosted: 6/27/2004, 5:27 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

cactuscat wrote:
I think every democrat should take a republican friend to see it!

What if you don't have republican friends? Just kidding... Laughing

"The Journey is the Destination"
samiam

PostPosted: 6/27/2004, 6:31 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

cactuscat wrote:
I just returned from seeing the movie, and it was amazingly powerful. I think every democrat should take a republican friend to see it!
To acomplish what? Im sure that probably all republicans know it is nothing but propoganda! If i went to see it i would probably be sick..I seen what happend on 9/11 and ervryone that did should have the same view, Stop terorist's and there money sources..to manny people died to not do anything,and for moore to make a movie intending to discredit action by i feel one of the only Administration's willing to make a stand!!! No NO nO, maybee a republican should take a democrat by the hand and pray nothing like that ever happens again in this country...To me its not about left or right,its about pay back long over due...Unless others think that we should just allow the building of threats to our freedom..God forbid thousands die again simply because moore said we are wrong....
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/27/2004, 6:47 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

OK, I'm gonna lock this topic if things get more heated.....this started out giving us a look at some funny happenings on the net....so let's please keep it funny, OK?
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
ck1

PostPosted: 6/27/2004, 8:06 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I thought my little post was funny....but I say lock it up Hoolie...it seems as though it's no longer staying funny...

ck1

PostPosted: 6/27/2004, 8:10 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I thought my little post was funny....but I agree...so..

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: