ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Sorry to be political, but this is too funny
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 11:53 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

ck1 wrote:
I saw Moore on the Daily Show, he mentioned that the FCC is attempting to stop his movie commercials from airing...the claim is that they are political commercials...
Typical of Michael Moore, that's simply not the truth. The truth is a complaint has been filed by Citizen's United with the Federal Election Commission (not the FCC) charging that ads for the movie violate the McCain-Feingold campaign-finance law. The FEC will probably rule on the complaint next week.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 11:55 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
Did anyone check to see if the sloganator is an internet hoax?

Nope - I remember when it was actually happening. They did indeed have it on the Campaign website for a few days.

There were so many parodies of the sloganator that it was just silly. They had them with church signs, fast-food signs, other campaigns, everything.

It was funny for a while.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Daryl

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 12:11 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

It was a pretty dumb idea then. There is a web site where you can make OSHA apporved safety signs. High voltage, confined space, hearing protection required, toxic fumes... It got so abused (I'm guilty) they had to make it registration only. Now you have to give them a valid email address to use it.

I find it interesting that a movie could possibly sway an election. I bet we start seeing more of these political documentarys in the future given that there is no accountablity for the information contained in them. Thus you could say what ever you want and can't be held liable, it's just a movie.

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 12:14 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

AZBrad123 wrote:
Yeah, looking forward to seeing 911 too. Also, if any of you have not seen it or heard of it, there is a documentary movie call "super size this". It is very good, definetly worth the 5$. It is a documentary on obesity, and the producer eats McDonalds for thirty days straight. Sounds kinda stupid, but it is a great movie.

It's actually called "Super Size Me" and it's playing at the Camelview - saw it last weekend and it's both enlightening and entertaining. Definitely worth seeing. Agree
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 12:20 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Quote:

It's actually called "Super Size Me" and it's playing at the Camelview

Hmm... walking distance from my office... Cool!
ck1

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 2:17 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
ck1 wrote:
I saw Moore on the Daily Show, he mentioned that the FCC is attempting to stop his movie commercials from airing...the claim is that they are political commercials...
Typical of Michael Moore, that's simply not the truth. The truth is a complaint has been filed by Citizen's United with the Federal Election Commission (not the FCC) charging that ads for the movie violate the McCain-Feingold campaign-finance law. The FEC will probably rule on the complaint next week.

It was me that messed up in posting what I'd heard, not Moore. He did say it was the FEC and I mis-remembered it. My fault.

"The Journey is the Destination"
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 2:33 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I heard there were charges being brought against them also Collin. Ridiculous! W is just suffering form a guilty conscience.

I want to shine!
ck1

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 2:40 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

I like Moore because he makes people think, even if you don't agree with his "side" of the story...I share Daryl's interest in if the movie will have an impact on voters.

mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 5:55 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Quote:

"side"

That's a good way to put it. Mistaking FCC for FEC isn't the point of my earlier post, though. When I said Moore's statement wasn't true, it wasn't because it was FCC rather than FEC. It was because Moore said the FEC was trying to keep him from airing his ads, and that is simply not the truth.
samiam

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 6:17 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

What that moore sayes is truth?? sorry to offend but he is a bafoon in my opinion driven frome birth by overexageration..How can anyone posibly believe him??? He has done nothing but Bash bush since he took office,some will say anything to advance a agenda...his movie is a exageration..of his own opinion
ck1

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 6:47 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Sam, can't agree with you at all...sorry dude.

Daryl

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 9:06 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Okay, so if someone made a movie about Kerry today with a lot of assumptions, half truths and conspiracy theories would the democrats sit back and do nothing?

And by the way, the campaign finance rule that the movie ads on TV is breaking was co-written by a democrat and our own McCain. It's not a right wing thing this time.

Personally, if the movie is about Nader, Kerry, or Bush I don't think it's right to put it out there right before an election when there has been no fact checking done on it. Too many people will watch this and believe everything in it. I do not even think that is Moore's intention, but that will happen.
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/25/2004, 9:28 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Quote:

I do not even think that is Moore's intention, but that will happen.

No, that was definitely a part of his intention. He has stated quite clearly that he hopes this movie does influence the election. But since it's a documentary (or to be more accurate, propaganda, and even supporters agree to that) it isn't covered under the McCain/Feingold act.

I've already said my peace about this elsewhere - so I won't say any more here.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
samiam

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 7:30 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Dadde and Daryl Are corect,propoganda is right..even more himself said it after coming under a little heat which most know he cant handle ..Besides if someone dosent agree with me thats ok, but nontheless i still think he's a bafoon trying to undermine democracy through the totally biased media.. Just talk a look at what has gone on in the media? Moore? who is this guy? Tell me who would do such a thing befor the election? Far as i am concerned he's a tader to this country trying to manipulate people who dont have the brains to think for themselves or get out there and look for bi partisan info, verses Mister more,to just hear his name totally ifiriates me..I guess you can find a dirty low handed lying cheatin good for NOTHING person like moore in ervry country..All you got to do is take what moore sayes as fact and look for the truth yourself. Guaronteed unless your blind you will call him a bafoon!!!!Thats all i got to say, agree or disagree,i dont care
AZBrad123

PostPosted: 6/26/2004, 9:03 am    Post subject: This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Hey All, sorry to start such a political debate. Just thought those were funny. I am amazed about the last couple posts though.

For those of you that disagree with the timing and statement of Moore, are saying that Moore should not be allowed to present his media, albeit biased or not? Call me dumn, but wouldn't that be a suppressed of the freedom of speech? Isn't the freedoms that we all have a right to the great thing about this country? So if i take your thought process a little further, are you all saying that you do not feel everyone is entitled to the same freedoms in this country, only the people that you agree with thier political stance? That train of thougt is a little too Taliban'esque for me?

And to state my view, i think Moore is a idiot personally. I see his films, but do not agree with. But i obviously feel that he has a right to portray his point, and he does tap into the growing discontent of society, or the percieved discontent, very well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: