ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Will we see 6 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Lance be wearing yellow at the end of the 2004 tour?
Yep
96%
 96%  [ 26 ]
Nope
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 7/21/2004, 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think the real question now is:

Will we see 7?

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/23/2004, 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can you believe that Lance can ride uphill at 15 MPH ......I would be in bike heaven if I can ride that fast on flats

Looking forward to see the bionic man on the poduim with 6...incredible machine of a man! WOW....

Saw some press on Lance may be taking a break from the Tour .... ?
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 7/23/2004, 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He really has nothing else to prove. He may just go enjoy his life with Sheryl Crow and ride as he wants to now. I'd love to see a seventh battle but it really isn't necessary for him as a business move so he may try something else. There is rumor of the Giro. I guess we shall have to wait and see.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 7/23/2004, 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, here's the official unofficil report that is filed in a number of locations.

He says he'll return, but probably not next year unless his sponsor wants him to. He apparently wants to try for a few records and focus on some other races.

He's one of the greatest tacticians in the game right now, I'm fairly sure with the proper training he could accomplish anything he wants in the bike world.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 7/23/2004, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The part that I am impressed with is that Lance survived cancer. I do not know many people that have survived. In the late 70's when I worked at Smitty's three coworkers succumbed to cancer, and two others I have known were also succumbed to cancer past three years. But there has also been survivors, though few.

This weekend is my second year of riding again and I am like a kid again. I started riding again after a college group riding across the US spent the night at the station. Started riding my 85 Schwinn Sprint and restored to original condition (stolen and stripped) a 74 Schwinn Collegiate that my parents gave me. I also have a Giant Yukon mtn. bike that I bike camp with, three other bikes that I rebuilt and customized, two mid 80 Trek street bikes and I just added a 74 Schwinn Varsity in Lime Green to my collection.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/26/2004, 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

6:13 to his nearest next finisher ....
Quote:

He's one of the greatest tacticians in the game right now

I'd love to see how he can motivate a team w/o actually riding with them & making them ride for him.....

Team Manager for #7 ? May be pay back his boys in blue by guiding them to a few wins Question
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 7/26/2004, 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think what Lance will do is go and chase down a couple of other things (he seems especially interested in the 1 hour record), and take next year off from the TdF. Then, in 2006 he'll return and try for a 7th.

If he could do that it would basically be saying "I could have done 8 in a row - but I let someone else have a shot while I was doing other things that interested me."

Dude just isn't human.

- Abraham Lincoln
BoyNhisDog

PostPosted: 7/26/2004, 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In one of the more recent interviews he is almost talking like he will be back next year. I guess we will see after he has had time to think it over. He really did it all this year though. He was the best climber when it really counted, he out sprinted them and he time trialed up hill and over the flats far better than anyone else was well. Also his personality is awesome to say the least.
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 7/27/2004, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nighthiker wrote:
The part that I am impressed with is that Lance survived cancer. I do not know many people that have survived. In the late 70's when I worked at Smitty's three coworkers succumbed to cancer, and two others I have known were also succumbed to cancer past three years. But there has also been survivors, though few...

There's four cancer survivors that I know of right here on this site!
I've hiked with all of them.
ck1

PostPosted: 7/29/2004, 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was able to watch each of the stages on the live broadcast (save for the final 3), and while I enjoyed the performance, last year's tour was much more exciting.

I don't know about you Glen, but I'd love to see Lance try to touch Merckx's achievement in the tour of earning the yellow, as well as the green and the polka dots...now that would be amazing.

I think we'll see Lance do a Giro or two, and perhaps works towards an American tour...

OK, now for an unoffical poll....

Of course there are no better comentators than Phil and Paul, but what are your thoughts on Bob?

I for one, love him. What do you guys think?

"The Journey is the Destination"
outside1

PostPosted: 7/30/2004, 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think Bob, is a good guy a bit to aggressive with his had movements but other wise I like him. He was one the few people that was apart of Lance's reintroduction to cycling. In face Lance had given up on cycling and it was Bob and Lances trainer that (over a week in the mountains) showed him that he still had the skills to be a winner at the Tour. So I will add that I think Bob is a good over all good guy and also an especially good friend.
BoyNhisDog

PostPosted: 7/30/2004, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wish Bob would loose the constant high and wild hand gesticulations but other than that I like his commentary backed up by his thorough experience. He was a pretty good rider in his own right, no champion but a great domestic to have on your team. He has a great sense of humor as well.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 7/30/2004, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love the trio ...they make it "extra" interesting & in my opininon complement each other quite well.

They keep the tour interesting --

I think Voleker ( not sure if Igot the name right) was awesome .... especially holding on the yellow for quite a long while ...Wonder how he shapes out in the future ...

Think Ulrich will be back next year Question especially of Lance does not compete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: