ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Digital photography

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: 6/10/2004, 2:23 pm    Post subject: Digital photography Reply to topic Reply with quote

I posted my Digital Photography For Dummies article in the articles section (it might not show up right away). Let me know if there is anything that is not clear or anything you'd like more info on (or if I babbled too much about something). I kind of threw it together over some free time the last few days.

I'll try to get some samples up in the gallery tonight.

PostPosted: 6/10/2004, 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl

Excellent summary & Tips ..Thanks for posting

I am glad you pointed out the difference between optical & digital zoom ( wonder why ever whould any one care about digital zoom)
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/10/2004, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very helpful information!!!

Thanks Daryl! Mr. Green

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Daryl

PostPosted: 6/10/2004, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I added a few pictures to the gallery that show a few things. I might add a few more later. I just threw these together quickly and a few of them are intended to be bad examples (so don't laugh at how awful some are).

PostPosted: 6/11/2004, 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl,

Good tips and it was very helpfully seeing the pictures. Thanks for posting. Mr. Green
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 6/11/2004, 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

good stuff...now how do I decrease the lag time it takes to get a pic on my Sony Cybershot?

played with some of the settings...
Daryl

PostPosted: 6/11/2004, 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sam_hikes wrote:
good stuff...now how do I decrease the lag time it takes to get a pic on my Sony Cybershot?

Do you mean the time it takes your camera to record a picture? With some memory cards you can buy faster cards that record faster. Sony uses Memory Stick and I do not believe they have faster cards.
If you are trying to take multiple shots of the same thing, you can put your camera in burst mode. Burst mode will take a handful of pictures as fast as possible and then record them all after the burst. My older cybershot will only take a 2 shot burst, but some cameras will take a 7-8 shot burst and they all work a little different. On your cybershot, you go into set up mode and select burst I believe.
This is what you'd use if you wanted to catch an action shot but weren't quick enough to snap the shutter at just the right instant.

PostPosted: 6/11/2004, 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
sam_hikes wrote:

Do you mean the time it takes your camera to record a picture? With some memory cards you can buy faster cards that record faster. Sony uses Memory Stick and I do not believe they have faster cards.
If you are trying to take multiple shots of the same thing, you can put your camera in burst mode. Burst mode will take a handful of pictures as fast as possible and then record them all after the burst. My older cybershot will only take a 2 shot burst, but some cameras will take a 7-8 shot burst and they all work a little different. On your cybershot, you go into set up mode and select burst I believe.
This is what you'd use if you wanted to catch an action shot but weren't quick enough to snap the shutter at just the right instant.

Sorry I meant time to get a shot seems to take some time before shot is taken.
Daryl

PostPosted: 6/11/2004, 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you shoot in manual mode it will be quicker. In point and shoot mode the camera needs some time to figure out what the shutter speed and aperture should be.
Some cameras are faster then others at this.

When you are waiting for a shot, you can push the button half way in and hold it there to lock the settings. Then when you want to take the shot press it all the way in and it should be instant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: