ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Too cool!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck1

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl, you just explained why Pat and I took pay cuts and moved out here 4 years ago! Man I don't miss that stuff! A weekend or two in a cabin up north is just enough for me.

"The Journey is the Destination"
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You guys got that right! I took a 10k cut moving down here myself. I was happy to take that and run as I moved down here in Dec of '96. I even got stuck in a snow storm driving through Texas on the way.

Done with that crap. The snow we encountered on Rincon is good enough for me. I like the idea of travelling a couple of hours to visit it.
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LOL Daryl-- this is Arizona snow. It self shovels. This is the kind of winter I love. It is relatively warm here in town so the snow either does not stick or melts swiftly but the mountain gets a bunch.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 6:22 pm    Post subject: Snow/Snew? Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
You guys got that right! I took a 10k cut moving down here myself. I was happy to take that and run as I moved down here in Dec of '96. I even got stuck in a snow storm driving through Texas on the way.

Done with that crap. The snow we encountered on Rincon is good enough for me. I like the idea of travelling a couple of hours to visit it.
Me too! And I got thru a Texas Sh**storm, enroute in '93! I've chosen poverty over living anywhere else.

However, check it out. I may get into snow/ice in Xtreme places.

http://www.pakistanpage.net/gallery/main/mountains/tt.html
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Amen Daryl!!!!!!

I want to shine!
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow/Snew? Reply to topic Reply with quote

JW63 wrote:

Jay Dub... put the Tecate down... no more Tecates for you young man! I thought you only got this way from Ta-kill-ya?
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow/Snew? Reply to topic Reply with quote

HikerInGilbert wrote:
JW63 wrote:

Jay Dub... put the Tecate down... no more Tecates for you young man! I thought you only got this way from Ta-kill-ya?
Does that mean I can't count on you for kilamenjaro?
Hnak

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

maryphyl wrote:
LOL Daryl-- this is Arizona snow. It self shovels. This is the kind of winter I love. It is relatively warm here in town so the snow either does not stick or melts swiftly but the mountain gets a bunch.

Ya know Mary, maybe we should let people think that it's really dreadful up here in the snow country..... Laughing
paintninaz

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hnak wrote:
maryphyl wrote:

Ya know Mary, maybe we should let people think that it's really dreadful up here in the snow country..... Laughing

Ok, here Hank I'll vouch for ya Wink ...it's dreadful up there alright! I'll admit it does self shovel...it melts by day, snows more and freezes by night, you're waking up walking through powder in the morning and on icy sidewalks by pre-noon, slush by afternoon, driving in a blizzard by dinnertime...oh wait a minute...blizzard?...hmmm, that may be dating myself, there haven't been any "real" blizzards up there in uh...oh never mind... Rolling Eyes

pretty picture Hank! Very Happy

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl,

You're supposed to shovel it? I always thought if you could drive through it/over it then all was OK? What was I thinking? OH YEAH, let the March thaw melt it...that's what I was thinking.

Mr. Green

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Suzaz

PostPosted: 2/25/2004, 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hank,
It's awesome to have that view from home but then to have a window at work too is just a little unfair especially to those of us that live 5 days a week with NO windows. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I think I'll show the kids how to build a log cabin with the lincoln logs today and teach them to pretend we have snow.....ah, if only we could look out the window and see snow. Skier Boy
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 2/25/2004, 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hnak wrote:
maryphyl wrote:

My goal is to get where you are. I miss that white stuff. I do have to agree with you. You don't want to talk too loudly. It may bring Phoenix all the way up there. Mary
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/26/2004, 10:25 am    Post subject: Today in my hometown Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is the scene in my hometown (Greenville, SC) today:

sherileeaz

PostPosted: 2/26/2004, 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Brrrrrrr!

Strange weather all over the country.
We'd better be careful when we say "when hell freezes over" right? Wink

Sherileeaz

PostPosted: 2/26/2004, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hank, MaryPhil, I agree with you. I miss it terribly along with the other seasons. One day I'll be where there is a winter, spring, summer and autumn. Not just a summer with a short spring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: