ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Wanted: your funny trail incidents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 3/20/2009, 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great thread everyone, thank you for making me laugh today!

I have a Laughing moment while hiking on my horse. I got to witness this, not experience it, which was in my favour. Cowboy and I came upon a watering hole (the muddy kind you sometimes see cattle at)..and it was time for the horses to drink. Cowboy spurred his horse quickly and made the approach. I stayed in place, telling him that the edges looked rather devious to me, but he assured me that it was no problema. Been there, done that, many times. Okay then, I thought, go ahead buckaroo. Within in a few seconds, the horse began the sinking process and in typical animal reaction time he did what he needed to do, which was a HUGE lunge up and out. Horse went left, cowboy went right and you guessed it, mud bath. Horse (after freeing himself) and getting to dryer ground, calmly walked around to the safe edge and got his drink. After a pause he looked up at cowboy, still sitting in the drinker as if to say.."What the heck are you doing in there dude?"
All in all we had a great laugh, everyone was safe and I had some story telling ammo for a later time. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: