ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
We're kayaking tomorrow in Lake Havasu/Needles area...!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerMuser

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 6:39 pm    Post subject: We're kayaking tomorrow in Lake Havasu/Needles area...! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Big John and I will take a 14 mile kayak
cruise tomorrow am and it's my first time kayaking.

We will pass through the area that Needles was named for, with the sharp, upward thrusting red rocks.

I hope to capture some great photos and some rhyme to share!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
desertgirl

PostPosted: 3/6/2009, 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looking forward to your tales Very Happy
MerMuser

PostPosted: 3/9/2009, 12:36 am    Post subject: Kayaking!... Reply to topic Reply with quote

The Colorado River keeps you going gently at about 2-3 mph from Topoc to Castle Rock. With a little rowing and a wind at our backs, the morning was easy and amazing. My first ride in a kayak, the closeness to the surface of the water was startling, then gradually I got familiar with it.

It was amazingly easy to pull up onto a sandy beach and do some hiking along the rocky cliffs. Looking back onto the blue-green water, we could spot intriguing lagoons to explore next.

The petroglyphs on the sacred rock were powerful and in the distance was a large rock arch to be explored next time.

We were sad for the day to be over and in awe of the fact that this still wonderland could exist so close to humanity. This particular body of water was a first to explore for both Big John and myself. It really makes us want to buy a couple of kayaks!

Pics and a rhyme to come soon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: