ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZH 6th Annual Anniversary Shindig Jan 16th - 18th 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(12) (1) (0)
User
GTG
beckett
Hnak
paintninaz
outside1
Valet2
Tom Treks
wanderingsoul
Deborah
PageRob
Hikngrl
azhiker96
User
rayhiker
User
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 4:17 pm    Post subject: AZH 6th Annual Anniversary Shindig Jan 16th - 18th 2009 Reply with quote

Where - Cave Creek Regional Park - Group Campsite
37019 N. Lava Lane
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Ph: 623-465-0431
Fax: 623-465-9284

You will need to tell the ranger at the gate that you are with the Arizona Hikers Group. They will then hand you a map and tell you how to get to the Group Campsite. From what I understand they will not charge you the regular Entrance Fee if you are camping. I will collect your camping fees when you get to camp. If you are not camping and only staying for the day, then you will need to pay the Entrance Fee at the gate.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/cave_creek/Maps.aspx
Map -
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/cave_creek/pdf/2008%20maps/cave-creek-3d.pdf

Quote:

From central Phoenix, take I-17 north to Carefree Hwy (SR 74). Exit Carefree Hwy. and travel east to 32nd St. (7 miles). Turn north on 32nd St. to the Cave Creek Regional Park entrance.

When - Noon Friday January 16th 2009 to Noon Sunday January 18th 2009

Who - AZH members, friends and family

Cost - $12.00 per unit per night, no exceptions

Quote:

Cave Creek Regional Park offers a campground with 38 individual sites and a group camping area. Each site has a large parking area to accommodate up to a 45' RV and is a "Developed Site," with water and electrical hook-ups, dump station, a picnic table, a barbecue grill, and fire ring. Cave Creek Regional Park provides immaculate restrooms with flush toilets and hot water showers.

We also have a cool hike scheduled Saturday morning at 8:00 AM at Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/spur_cross

We are scheduled for the ranger led Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike with a stop at a rock art site and an additional ruin along the way. The cost for this hike is $3.00 per hiker -
Quote:

Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike (difficult) Join us for a 7 mile / 5 hour roundtrip trek into the backcountry to one of the premier archaeological sites on the Conservation Area. Participants need to be in good condition and familiar with what hiking on primitive trails for this distance entails. Participants must bring at least 1 liter of water. We recommend you have a hat, & dress in layers.

44000 N. Spur Cross Road
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Ph: 480-488-6601
Fax: 480-488-2263

Map -
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/spur_cross/pdf/2007%20maps/spurcross11x173d.pdf
Quote:

Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area is located approximately 35 miles north of central Phoenix. Interstate 17, State Route 51, and Loop 101 can all be used to reach the park. From the intersection of Carefree Highway and Cave Creek Road head north on Cave Creek Road about 2.5 miles to Spur Cross Road. Turn north for approximately 4.5 miles to the public parking area. After 3 miles the road turns to all-weather graded. The last 1.5 miles can be confusing; continue north on the graded road past the green house, through the tall gateposts and on past the horse corrals to the signed public parking area on the right.

Menu -

Hikngrl - a big pot of some sort of soup

Deborah - some pumpkin soup and corn bread muffins

outside1 - my old standard (a vat of Chili). Maybe I will spice it up an bring some corn bread

beckett - a veggie tray, pumpkin bread and fire wood

paintninaz - country style pork ribs to throw on the grill

Tom Treks - some cheese and crackers for appetizers and some firewood

CatValet and Valet2 - special hot green salsa & chips, firewood and marinated chicken tenders

Get in here y'all!

GTG

evenstar

PostPosted: 1/13/2009, 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let's start with #1....I'm broke and can't afford it among other problems.
#2.....see #1.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
beckett

PostPosted: 1/13/2009, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
Is it too early to start a food list?

I would like to bring a veggie tray, pumpkin bread and fire wood.

Linda

Todd, I think you forgot to mark me down.
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/13/2009, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, since Hooli seems to be unreliable as a source of decent raw meat Shocked...er, wait a minute No ...that doesn't sound right... Say What?

anyway...I'll bring some country style pork ribs to throw on the grill. Mr. Green

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 1/14/2009, 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll bring some cheese and crackers for appetizers and some firewood.
oliverr99

PostPosted: 1/14/2009, 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since I am only doing the hiking part, I will not be able to stay for any food, so I don't think I should be included on the list, plus I am broke, too. But I will hike, if that is ok!
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 1/14/2009, 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Put us down for special hot green salsa & chips, firewood and marinated chicken tenders.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got the menu items updated, sorry for the skips and misses there y'all. I am really looking forward to this, there's a bunch of good food coming in.

DON'T FORTGET - If you want to hike with us Saturday, we are meeting at Spur Cross at 8:00 AM sharp
We also have a cool hike scheduled Saturday morning at 8:00 AM at Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/spur_cross

We are scheduled for the ranger led Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike with a stop at a rock art site and an additional ruin along the way. The cost for this hike is $3.00 per hiker -
Quote:

Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike (difficult) Join us for a 7 mile / 5 hour roundtrip trek into the backcountry to one of the premier archaeological sites on the Conservation Area. Participants need to be in good condition and familiar with what hiking on primitive trails for this distance entails. Participants must bring at least 1 liter of water. We recommend you have a hat, & dress in layers.

44000 N. Spur Cross Road
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Ph: 480-488-6601
Fax: 480-488-2263

Map -
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/spur_cross/pdf/2007%20maps/spurcross11x173d.pdf
Quote:

Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area is located approximately 35 miles north of central Phoenix. Interstate 17, State Route 51, and Loop 101 can all be used to reach the park. From the intersection of Carefree Highway and Cave Creek Road head north on Cave Creek Road about 2.5 miles to Spur Cross Road. Turn north for approximately 4.5 miles to the public parking area. After 3 miles the road turns to all-weather graded. The last 1.5 miles can be confusing; continue north on the graded road past the green house, through the tall gateposts and on past the horse corrals to the signed public parking area on the right.

Get in here y'all!
GTG
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 8:55 am    Post subject: more food Reply to topic Reply with quote

We're also bringing Broccoli/ Cabbage slaw and it has a little horseradish in it! Momma said, "Gotta have those veggies" don't ya know! Wink
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm definitely out;going broker by the minute.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Deborah

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

checked the National weather service for the weekend.
Lows in the 40's in Cave Creek. 44 sounds like good camping weather, with highs in the 70's

Laughing
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
Well, since Hooli seems to be unreliable as a source of decent raw meat Shocked...er, wait a minute No ...that doesn't sound right... Say What?

anyway...I'll bring some country style pork ribs to throw on the grill. Mr. Green

And she is suposed to be the quiet and innocent one! Cracked Up

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK. thought I'd bring some chicken to grill, but the Valets beat me to it.. So instead I'll bring some Coffee (someone bring their pots), creamer, bananna's for pre-hike potasium. Don't see any plates, bowls (for the soups), utensils, so I'll bring that also (no need for those bringing food to bring that). And have firewood to bring. If I think of something else ???

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Deborah

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Menu change for me too.
I didn't have the gumption to do my pumpkin soup tonight and since I saw chili I will bring home made apple sauce with Arizona grown apples.
Should go go with pork chops.

Wink
oliverr99

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok I can't come, I have too much to do, along with two baby showers to go to, geez, what is in the water. Sorry about that Crying or Very sad Maybe next time. Have a great weekend!
Deborah

PostPosted: 1/15/2009, 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ha, off topic, but three teachers are pregnant at work too and all due at the same time.
Something was in the water in Tucson too! Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: