ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Snow in the Red Desert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Campgrounds & Road Conditions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/13/2008, 9:40 pm    Post subject: Snow in the Red Desert Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvz02&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Around 9:30 tonight snow started to fall, accompanied by thunder and lightning. Wind has been howling all day. Supposed to keep on like this through at least Wednesday. Wow! If you're looking for some neat photo ops, consider a hike in this area once the clouds start to part - nothing like red slickrock capped by white snow, a winter-wreathed Navajo Mountain or Kaiparowitz Plateau in the background.
Suz

PostPosted: 12/14/2008, 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh oh oh!!!! Shocked Good golly that has got to be beautiful!!!! What a great treat for you guys up there. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Gosh I hope it snows all week and I can get up there to see it, that would be cool. I bet Trish is loving it while up at the WAVE. Was she camping out, does anyone know? How sweet that would be.

More pictures, more pictures!!
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/14/2008, 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mmm, most of it has melted off except in the shadows now, but I took some pics this morning of the house with the Christmas lights. Tomorrow through Tuesday it is supposed to snow a bunch though!
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.901587303978474&lon=-111.45217895507812&site=fgz&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en
Suz

PostPosted: 12/15/2008, 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm thinking you're gonna get a chance to take some more snow pictures!
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/15/2008, 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Snowing big fat flakes right now! Supposed to get between 3-5 inches on top of the Paira tonight. Going up there on Thursday - need to bring my snowshoes!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/16/2008, 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Rob -- post some more pictures of the white stuff -- All I got here is grey skies and samttering of rain.
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/16/2008, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Took some pics this morning. Will post later this evening.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/16/2008, 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rob,

I was in Page this past weekend...should have called you but it was a last minute deal. Snow Saturday night was a treat. I forgot how cold 25 degrees can be!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/22/2008, 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Got more pictures up from this last week with snow everywhere!
RedRoxx44
Queen of the Walkabout

PostPosted: 12/23/2008, 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome, and it looks like ya'll may be getting some more !!! I want more snow!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Campgrounds & Road Conditions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: