ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Location For The 6th Annual AZH Shindig?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where to have the 6th Annual AZH Anniversary Shindig?
White Tanks Regional Park
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lost Dutchman State Park
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Cave Creek Regional Park
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
McDowell Mountain Park
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other - Make Suggestion
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like it!

I want to shine!
Suz

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any climbing out there?
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
Okay I've talked to Cave Creek Regional and we can have the Group Campground again. I am also getting information for a 2 hour ranger led hike -
Quote:

Archaeological Hike - Cave Creek Park
Cave Creek Regional Park
This wonderful guided hike will take you back to the days of when the Hohokam and other native people lived in this area. We will visit several archaeological sites including petroglyphs and agricultural features of this area. Bring proper hiking gear, water and sun protection. Please bring a vehicle, We will first be driving on a dirt road to get to our starting point.

Sound good?

GTG

I also have inquired about the ranger led hike up to the Fortress ruin over at Spur Cross Ranch? Should I set up one for the morning and one for the afternoon? That may be too much so which sounds better?
Quote:

Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike - Spur Cross
Elephant Mountain Fortress Hike (difficult) Join us for a 7 mile / 5 hour roundtrip trek into the backcountry to one of the premier archaeological sites on the Conservation Area. Participants need to be in good condition and familiar with what hiking on primitive trails for this distance entails. Participants must bring at least 1 liter of water. We recommend you have a hat, & dress in layers.

Give me some feedback y'all,
GTG
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

campfire + drink up + Hiking = Yahoo!

Excellent Todd!
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looking forward to it; of course I'll have to be anti-social in order to keep my image intact, but think I can handle it. Be nice to get the Hoolimobile out again. Of course my timing is consistent....got back from GC in Aug. and filled gas tank with 47 gallons of $3.83 gas only to see price drop dramatically. Same thing happened my last trip to Rocky Point! drink up
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Of course my timing is consistent....got back from GC in Aug. and filled gas tank with 47 gallons of $3.83 gas only to see price drop dramatically. Same thing happened my last trip to Rocky Point! drink up

May be you should quit filling your tank up when you return ..... or go to Washington for Hoolimobile Bailout -- You can fly coach and look good Very Happy
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay, we've got the Group Campground at Cave Creek Regional Park reserved for us for Friday Jan. 16th Noon - Sunday Jan. 18th Noon. (Small fees will apply)

We have a scheduled ranger led hike to the Fortress at Spur Cross Ranch with a stop at a rock art site and a ruin on the way up. (Small fees will apply)

If there are folks interested in the shorter ranger led Archaeological Hike at Cave Creek regional, I can get that rounded up as well.

I'll be posting more details in the Events section soonly.

GTG
oliverr99

PostPosted: 11/21/2008, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like to come, but I think P.F. Chang's half-marathon is that weekend. I haven't seen you guys in a while. It would be nice to see ya all! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: