ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
HELP! Need used CHEAP digital camera ASAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 10/19/2008, 5:19 pm    Post subject: HELP! Need used CHEAP digital camera ASAP Reply to topic Reply with quote

My digital camera got sand in it in Moab last weekend and died. So no photos from Moab, and what's worse, now I can't sell stuff on ebay, which I had planned to start doing to try to make some money to jumpstart my winter in Yuma.

If any of you has a very cheap old one and you want to get rid of it, please let me know, send me a PM.

I did have a cheap old one, gave it to my daughter, it's dead now, too, alas.

I have looked around here in town, cheapest one I found so far was over $100. I can't afford that right now.

Thanks very much,
Elizabeth
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 10/19/2008, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont know if it will help... prolly a waste of an offer "but just in case"
I have a Kodak that got wet in West Fork and of course, doesnt work. But by the time you get it repaired you could buy one from Overstock.com
I just got a replacement, an 8.2 mp with a $160 retail for just $30 (i had a couple of coupons that expired, and Overstock honoured them anyway)

Check overstock for deals. mostly re-furbs but that isnt an issue, IME

this one is the most feature rich camera that I have owned, for the price.

what i do
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 10/19/2008, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks very much--that was going to be plan B, to ask for the best websites. And refurb ok, in this case. I will check it out!
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 10/19/2008, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, man, I don't believe this. I went to order that Kodak, and it said they had one left. So by the time I had entered my data it was already sold! Rats! They gave an option to give my email address for when they have it again, so I did.

My old boss had one of those and it was pretty good. But maybe someone else on here will come up with a used one. So let's see what happens.
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 10/19/2008, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

here's this year's model of the same camera? http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Kodak-M763-Red-Easyshare-Digital-Camera-Refurbished/3444157/product.html
price is higher tho...

anyway, check out this webpage for other ideas. I like the "Cars" camera myself. Kachow! http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Digital-Cameras/(,100),/price,/813/cat.html?index=61

what i do
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike, you're a peach! Thanks for your help. I am sometimes kind of dumb Confused about these things. I went back on there and saw an 8 MP Polaroid, with 4x zoom for $59. Just got in under the wire with the $1 shipping promo, too! \

They say shipping 5 to 10 business days. What is your actual experience with them, using standard shipping? Of course, I live in Timbuktu, so it adds a day!
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i have had great shipping time but its hit or miss. in retrospect, I suppose it depends on the item!
the leather club chairs took about 2 weeks. but, they came via freight truck
a few CDs took 5 days
a lamp took 3 or 4 days
I ordered my camera on Saturday, so it maybe ships today. we shall see, but youre welcome for the info. glad you got what you wanted.
im not even sure where they are or if they have several warehouses but they usually ship out next day, then

and for the record, the "refurbished" Kodak that I bought from them last year had no signs that it was a refurb... ya know like a sticker or placard. It looked, by the packaging, as if it were new. Even so, it came w/ a 1yr warranty from Kodak. Just dont break the lens! Lens error or damage will not be covered (of course, since that accounts for 89% of camera damage* Evil or Very Mad )

*i totally pulled that number out of my arse

what i do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: