ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Free booth space at charity hike - Feb. 23rd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
k9hiker

PostPosted: 2/15/2008, 11:35 pm    Post subject: Free booth space at charity hike - Feb. 23rd Reply to topic Reply with quote

One week left until the 6th Annual Trail Trek - it's a fundraiser dog hike benefitting Paw Placement no-kill dog and cat rescue. The Trek will be held at the Papago Dog Park in Tempe on Feb. 23rd.

I'm the vendor coordinator. We have nearly over 20 animal related booths but I'd like to see more diversity, especially outdoor or hiking related organizations, businesses, etc...

Booth space is free. If you have a group/biz/product/ etc. and you want in let me know ASAP. If you have a suggestion for same, please send me their name and contact info. if you have it.

thanks
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 2/16/2008, 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

man, woman. If I did not have outlaws in town that would be a good weekend to showcase some tarps. Do you think people would be interested in tarps?

what i do
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/17/2008, 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MikeInFHAZ wrote:
man, woman. If I did not have outlaws in town that would be a good weekend to showcase some tarps. Do you think people would be interested in tarps?

If said people are indeed hikers/backpackers and comfortable with a tarp type shelter I believe they would be interested.... not every one is as tarp-aphobic as I am! Looking at the pictures you posted, your product looks like very good quality and if I were a tarp user I would own one....

I want to shine!
k9hiker

PostPosted: 2/19/2008, 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

It's hard to say. Our event is a charity dog hike and in the past I have noticed a mix of participatants. Some are actually experienced hikers who also love dogs, some are just city hikers who love dogs, and the rest are general dog owners that are just there because they love dogs and figure they can walk 1 mile.

The booth space is free with a donation to Paw Placement. If you are planning to attend and you want to actually sell tarps at the park, you have to also get a Tempe seller permit, $30 and the paperwork has to be completed by Thursday 2/21. If you are interested in networking in stead of selling then that's fine to and you don't need anything special from Tempe to do that.

Let me know what you decide, time's running out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: