ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Specific Event forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/17/2003, 4:55 pm    Post subject: Specific Event forum Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got an idea!

Idea Is there any way to have a forum that is for events that already have the date and place set? Where there is a sign in for only the people attending. This way it isn't a "topic forum" but a "specific event forum" for
those who are attending. With this type of forum, the plans are accessed by the people attending and specific details can be posted such as car shuttle, meeting place, camping details, food, etc. Any way to have something like this? It's fine to have a forum where it's up in the air what the final plans are, but it would be nice to have one location for final events. Just a thougt

Thanks, Sherileeaz Cool
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/17/2003, 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Funny you should mention this! As it happens, there is a site I frequent which has numerous additions (aka, hacks) for the forum software we use here, phpBB. The site is called www.phpbbhacks.com, a lot of the bells and whilstles we have here came from there. About two weeks ago, a new hack was posted there called the "Topic Calendar". Oddly enough, I had seen this hack a couple of days earlier on the site run by the hack's author, http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/ . That site has a number of hacks for this software, as well. I had been checking some of them out. The Topic Calendar hack caught my eye right away, and I'd been planning on downloading it and getting it up to test it out for a bit before making it live on the site. I think it'd probably fit the bill for most of what you've suggested. You can check it out at either of the two sites I posted above. I'll try and get it up for a test run soon!
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/17/2003, 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great!! Look forward to seeing the new addition.
So many hikes, so little time!
This will help us organize!!

Thanks!
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 11/20/2003, 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A quick suggestion for the eventual events forum:

Have a space at the top of the post that stays there perpetually (similar to a poll, but it would stay up for all subsequent pages) that has the info for the event. It could be edited by the originator of the post.

This way we wouldn't have to scroll through all the messages to try and find the details of where and when.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 11/20/2003, 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In the meantime, why not have the person who started the "Event" thread, post a seperate event thread saying something like "Read Only- November Event Details" Also posting it in the Calendar is great! This way no one is lost on the specifics. Not saying they won't get lost on the hikes tho!! Laughing That's a whole other topic!!! Wink

Sheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: