ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Short Stories from in and about Page Arizona

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
cakewalk

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Short Stories from in and about Page Arizona Reply to topic Reply with quote

My vacation in Page, AZ has come to its conclusion. What a fantastic place. ( Page Rob is a lucky man )

Highlights include all the touristy things like the bend, the Lee's ferry area ( cathedral wash and spencer trail ) and of course lake Powell. It thunderstorms almost daily at 4-6pm

I was real disappointed with the slot canyon tour - Antelope canyon. They pushed us thru like cattle. ( I think I even said "moo" once or twice) It was so crowded, that you couldn't even walk through.

Check out my photos in the gallery.
Suz

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you do the upper and lower Antelope tours or just the Upper?
cakewalk

PostPosted: 8/17/2007, 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Did you do the upper and lower Antelope tours or just the Upper?

We did the upper - the lower was partially flooded due to recent heavy rains.
Suz

PostPosted: 8/18/2007, 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I see. I think I enjoyed the lower a bit more. It wasn't run on the same sort of time schedule. It was a little more interesting to travel through with various levels and the added platforms/stairs. Seems like it was one price and they let you walk in and out on your own staying for however long.

Upper Antelope is the side that everyone does. Yes, very disappointing for the hiker....but still beautiful. On the Upper side it was a lot like herding cattle. I simply stepped to the side in a dark area and let the crowd move through and then accidently missed the shuttle back. I jumped on a later one that was more convenient for me. (I think that must have been something I learned from this group because I would never dream up that idea on my own! Rolling Eyes )

Canyon X is on my list for the next time I'm in that area.
cakewalk

PostPosted: 8/18/2007, 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:

Canyon X is on my list for the next time I'm in that area.

Yup....Canyon X has only small groups..... But the tour cost is $100. I look forward to YOUR pictures Laughing
FalconGTHO

PostPosted: 9/2/2007, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Short Stories from in and about Page Arizona Reply to topic Reply with quote

cakewalk wrote:

I was real disappointed with the slot canyon tour - Antelope canyon. They pushed us thru like cattle. ( I think I even said "moo" once or twice) It was so crowded, that you couldn't even walk through.

Check out my photos in the gallery.

Hmm, that IS disappointing. Ive seen the various famous pics from there but never realized WHERE it was. I was on my May vacation and stayed in Page overnight on the way to the North Rim. Saw the "Photo Tour" brochures and was bugged that I didnt know before hand so I couldve planned it as part of the trip. Ill be going back for that though. I hope I dont get jammed up with a herd though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: