ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Movin' on......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
srlatty

PostPosted: 7/26/2007, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Movin' on...... Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is with a heavy heart that I post this thread. I have taken a new job that requires a relocation to the Midwest. The move takes us closer to family and the places we once called home, but it also takes us away from the friends that we have made here, both in person and online. I have had the pleasure to meet some excellent people through this site and will continue to call you all my friends.

You all welcomed Tracee on the GH's as if she had been an online member, and I especially appreciate that. She had a great time, except when she thought we were lost on the Ridgeline! She's not much for the bushwhacking, in case you didn't notice.....

Anyway, I am off to Minneapolis early next week with a quick stop at my Mom's in Missouri. Tracee is staying here until the house sells or she can't take it anymore,, whichever comes first.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the friendship that you have shown me over the years. I will keep checking in from time to time, like I do now, to see what you guys are up to. Don't let me down, I live vicariously through your adventures and just wish that I could have spent more quality time with you all.

Take care and God bless
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 7/26/2007, 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Steve & Tracee,

I think I only met you guys once <maybe??> a long time ago on one of the GHOTM. Maybe in 2004?? Sorry I didn't get the chance to know you both better.

Best of luck to you in the mid-west. Know if you ever need a hiking or backpacking fix, you can hop a flight and be here in no time at all. Crazy Or just pop into the website and see what we might be up to!

Be safe and be happy,

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/26/2007, 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh man, only got to hike with you once; will miss Tracee Razz
Seriously, keep in touch...ya know they're probably in the process of getting Internet in Minnesota.....maybe with two tin cans and a long string, but do what ever it takes.....keep in touch!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/26/2007, 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Steve, glad I got to hike with both of you on the last Ridgeline, Tracee and I commiserated together as we came down that last stretch of Carney...bushwacking our way back to the campsite (why didn't anyone tell us there was a trail??? Crazy )...I thought for sure she'd never come hike with us again!... Chin Scratching oh wait...who's idea was this move? Wink

Good luck and keep in touch! Agree

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 7/27/2007, 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Steve and Tracee, so sad to see you leaving! I had a great time on the trail with both of you each time we hiked together! Be happy!

I want to shine!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 7/27/2007, 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry to see you two go. I've enjoyed getting to know you both. The best to you!

How are you going to move the "Wall"?
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 7/27/2007, 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Steve and Tracee sorry to see you leave and wish you luck in your new job and move. I only got to hike twice with you and I enjoyed. Tracee is a fireball and I enjoyed her enthusiasm. Enjoyed the talk and company coming down Piccachio Peak, that was a good hike for me. Take care and enjoy the chance to spend with family.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
beckett

PostPosted: 7/27/2007, 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let me assure you that just because you are moving to another state does not mean you will not still be part of this community. Visit Arizona often and be sure to get out and enjoy whatever mother nature gives you in your new state.

Good Luck in your new community. I will be moving to Arizona next June...too bad our timing wasn't better...I could have been buying your house!

Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 7/27/2007, 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good luck Steve and Tracee. Great to hike with you guys.

Keep in touch.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 7/27/2007, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As it was told to me before I left Phoenix, "Once an AZHer, always an AZHer."

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 7/29/2007, 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Who's gonna stay behind on the trail with me when I'm b!tch!ing and whining and complaining??? huh???
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Who's gonna be my trail napping buddy?? And who's wife is going to be so cool about her husband spending so much time with me on the trails????
Shocked
I'm so sad........ I understand.......... but I'm so sad!!

Keep in touch, Steve. I'm going to miss you and Tracee terribly! But I wish you both nothing but the absolute BEST!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
chihiggs

PostPosted: 7/29/2007, 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Steve, I enjoyed hiking with you!! Hope all works out for the best in your new home!!

Let's find a positive about the midwest before you go---I'll get back to you on that one Wink

BTW--moved here from Chicago. Chihiggs = Chicago Higgins

Best of wishes to you guys!!!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/29/2007, 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good luck Steve! I enjoyed our Canyon hikes together, even if it was just passing each other for 5 minutes Smile

I midwest has a lot to offer and I'm sure you will find plenty of things to like there.

-TIM-
mick

PostPosted: 7/29/2007, 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

See Ya Steve! -I am sure you will be back on loan labour. Good session on Friday.
Suz

PostPosted: 7/29/2007, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some of the friendliest people are in MN. Best Wishes in your relocation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: