ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Request for Rock Climbing suggestions, Safford area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azhiker96

PostPosted: 4/8/2007, 10:00 am    Post subject: Request for Rock Climbing suggestions, Safford area. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a couple of days free later this month to visit my brother in Safford. We want to find a good top-rope location. With Mt. Graham nearby, there should be something available. Does anyone have any experience there or suggestions? Thanks!
fritzski

PostPosted: 4/8/2007, 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have flown over the area untold times and am constantly impressed with the obvious great rock on the mountain. Unfortunately, I think the area is so infrequently used that there are few if any established TR climbing areas. Your best bet is probably to eyeball something that looks good and hike up there and try to sling a tree at the top of a descent looking wall and give it a go. I did this same thing with a group of kids a few years back up on the rim and it worked out pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: