ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Utah ski trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 3/16/2007, 6:58 am    Post subject: Utah ski trip Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just returned from Utah on Weds., and skiied 4 days.It was awesome to be back doing what I so love and being able to still perform as well, due to the back injury. It is easier,however, with the new shorter shaped skiis. My traditional 178 slaloms were more work to turn. Took a private lesson and it all came back...stayed on the blue/greens(green at Alta is like blue elsewhere.) It turned warm, however and snow was only good from about 9:30 a until 2p, and then got very soft. Alta lost almost 9" in 2 days. It was almost 45-50 degrees there in the afternoon. It may cause problems with water supply if the temps cause more snowmelt.
It was wonderful and so beautiful there!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Suz

PostPosted: 3/16/2007, 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Glad to see you managed to hit the slopes! Sounds like a fun trip.
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 3/16/2007, 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just spent a couple of days in Zion National Park. The place is like Sedona on steroids.... Southern Utah definitely has beauty to match arizona's

Kerouac
aspen_oaks

PostPosted: 3/16/2007, 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Never been skiing, I have been in Arizona for two years now and havent got the chance. I would love to backcountry ski but would have no idea on where to begin. So much Jealousy
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 3/17/2007, 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just got to go skiing today for the 1st time at Squaw Valley just outside Lake Tahoe, CA. Just awesome. The place is huge, free for military and there were no waits at the lifts. Granted I wasn't able to venture off on many of them as I have no speed control.

I think I set the land speed record on the bunny hill as well as the most air from a hill on it as well. I can turn great, just no slowing me down. Would love to do it again though. Will have to wait till next year. Lake Tahoe is awesome though.
RC

PostPosted: 3/17/2007, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fairweather8588 wrote:
I just spent a couple of days in Zion National Park. The place is like Sedona on steroids.... Southern Utah definitely has beauty to match arizona's

Nice description, I immediately thought of a cross bewtween Sedona and Yosemite when I was there. Agree
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 3/18/2007, 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
I just got to go skiing today for the 1st time at Squaw Valley just outside Lake Tahoe, CA.

Skiing? And here I sit in short and sandals in Yuma, it's close by 100 degrees. Isn't America a great place?

Glad you got to try skiing! Hope you learn stopping as well!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 3/18/2007, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was about 60 degress skiing yesterday, had a t-shirt and light long sleeve base layer underneath that and I was HOT.
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 3/20/2007, 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Utah ski trip Reply to topic Reply with quote

GeorgAz wrote:
Just returned from Utah on Weds., and skiied 4 days.It was awesome to be back doing what I so love and being able to still perform as well, due to the back injury.

It was wonderful and so beautiful there!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good for you Georgia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: