ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
XC Skiing, Green's Peak Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 1/27/2007, 1:00 pm    Post subject: XC Skiing, Green's Peak Area Reply to topic Reply with quote

Today I skied from 260 over toward Green's Peak. I parked at the sledding hill, which is between Greer turnoff and Sunrise turnoff. Can't miss that spot, it has a restroom. It may also still have a sign that says Railroad Grade Trail. However I didn't ski the RR trail today, I walked across the highway with my skis, found tracks of other skiers and decided to follow them. This trail took me over very close to Green's Peak, a cinder hill that's 10,134 ft. I saw no one, however. Cross country skiing just isn't all that popular. Plus, people tend to congregate in the same places.

This area around Green's Peak is distinguished by forest covered knolls separated by grasslands. I skied around the knolls, in the grasslands, up and down dale. Very nice, very pretty. Forgot my camera!

Tomorrow I may just go to one of those people-congregating places. I have never tried the groomed cross country ski trails at Sunrise. It costs $7, but I guess I just would like to ski it at least once, to see what it's like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: