ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Dream Piece of Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: 10/5/2003, 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli wrote:
Daryl, Do you have the 110 or 120? Guy at Maverick Glass replacing my motorhome windo was telling me about it; said he had the 110 but wishes it was the 120. Would like to have had something like that on the WFW. Of course, the longer range of the GMRS radio wouldn't have helped if one of the ten AZHikers Swimteam didn't also have one. Is it water resistant?

Sorry I haven't replied, I was out of town for awhile (did some nice hikes in Wisconsin!!)

I have the 110 and love it. THe 120 has better mapping capabilities, which I have no need for. Other then that they are the same. I'd much rather use a topo map for that.
I think it's rated as weather proof, but not water proof. Meaning it's okay in the rain or getting splashed on, but submerging might be an issue.
evenstar

PostPosted: 10/5/2003, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think we own everything a person could want for hiking in Northern Arizona. If you like I could brag but let's just say I have every light weight item you can imagine. I am a happy spoiled camper. Wink
ck1

PostPosted: 10/8/2003, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

maryphyl wrote:
I think we own everything a person could want for hiking in Northern Arizona. If you like I could brag but let's just say I have every light weight item you can imagine. I am a happy spoiled camper. Wink

Go ahead and brag Maryphyl...what's in your gear closet?

"The Journey is the Destination"
k9hiker

PostPosted: 10/10/2003, 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lizard if you were a tester on Backpackgeartest.org you'd of had a shot at getting a free Akto tent. They just tested I think three or four. I haven't read any of the reviews becuase I'm a hammocker but I bet they were great, if you likes tents that is. Wink
k9hiker

PostPosted: 10/10/2003, 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

how about a nanny?

Cindy, why don't you just bring the kiddos along then you wouldn't need the nanny? Although, a nanny helping around camp would be cool.

PostPosted: 10/12/2003, 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

k9hiker wrote:
how about a nanny?

Cindy, why don't you just bring the kiddos along then you wouldn't need the nanny? Although, a nanny helping around camp would be cool.
Okay. maybe not a nanny but I could use a clone. My kids are really far too old for a nanny (although my boys have commented on the au pair their friends little sister has!) and they would love to get out and do some camping. They are all very experienced in the outdoors. It's the 'other' activities they all seem to have, i.e., volleyball, golf, swim, bible study, church, chorus....... So, I guess really a clone would be the answer.
Lizard

PostPosted: 10/13/2003, 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually I did do a little testing for them a few years back. I stopped visiting the group because I didn't have the time to read all those nitpicking little posts, and it seems like participation in the list is one of the things they look for when choosing a tester. Thanks for the heads-up though.
"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.”- Sir Ernest Shackleton, newspaper classified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: