ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Heading out to Garden Valley for an overnight if interested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/5/2003, 12:35 pm    Post subject: Heading out to Garden Valley for an overnight if interested Reply to topic Reply with quote

Probably leaving around 4 or 5pm and returning late morning. At this point it's play by ear...

Just a relaxing gig. Should be a beautiful night with clear skies I hope.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 10/5/2003, 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wish I could go but I've got to be at the grind Monday morning at 8:00 Crying or Very sad Sounds peaceful though so enjoy!

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/6/2003, 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Beautiful night. Hardly a cloud in the sky. Mars was burning pretty bright up there. Wish I had room for a scope in my pack. Moon was at a bit more than 3/4 and fairly bright.

Lots of bats out there last night. It seemed like they were swooping in for a meal forever. Is there a cave nearby? I did a little nighthiking around the area and saw some things I never had seen before. Glad the moon was bright enough to illuminate things.

And yes Matt, I disassembled the fire ring I made. Wink

Nice relaxing night.
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 10/6/2003, 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Tom.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 10/6/2003, 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

matt gilbert wrote:
Thanks Tom.

Figured you'd especially appreciate that. Cool

How are the wedding plans going? It's getting pretty close to "zero hour" isn't it? I'll bet "patience is a virtue" is ringin' in your head. Spinning
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: