ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
My wifes Christmas Project-Synthesized Sounds of the Seasons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 12/2/2006, 2:19 pm    Post subject: My wifes Christmas Project-Synthesized Sounds of the Seasons Reply to topic Reply with quote

My Wife, Ophyleah Cross, came out with a CD called Synthesized sounds of the Season. We are releasing it December 3rd. The cost is $8 (this includes shipping).
This is a fun dancible version of 6 christmas songs. She added her own spunk and made them to our liking. We origanaly made these for our friends and family, and they liked them so much we decided to sell them.
The songs included are:
Little Drummer boy, Do you hear what I hear, What Child is This, O Come Emmanuel, and Carol of the Bells.

To here 2 of these songs you can go to http://www.icompositions.com/artists/DeadBrideSyndrome

The first song on this site, Banshee Fade, is not a christmas song and is for our other project in the making, Dead Bride Syndrome.

If you like what you hear, or if this interests you, PM me and I'll give you the ordering details.

This project has been over a year in the making. We first recorded the music and the vocals, then we needed artwork for the cover and the CD. I ended up hiking up a 12,000 foot mountian in the snow to take some pics for the cover. One of the pics made it on the cover for the time being for our family, but our computer crashed and the pics were not backed up. All the art for the CD was destroyed. This year, OphyLeah and I went out and took some pics of her so she could be on the front cover. We went out into the mountains after the first snow this year and took some pics of her. After sifting through many photos we found the one we liked, and once again we have a front cover, and the cover of the CD. I took a couple of other shots I had taken on my hikes and made the back cover and the inset.
So after over a year of fusterations, it is finally out and ready to be sold.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Suz

PostPosted: 12/2/2006, 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey I went to check these out and noticed she used Garage Band. I played around with that software last year.....cool beans!

I had some static issues when recording voices through Garage Band and opted to record and import through another software....haven't figured out how to smooth that process out. It might be a mic issue. BTW, lovely voice.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 12/4/2006, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We used a very high qualilty mic with a spit guard. We had no issues with the vocals. I'm very happy with the way her vocals turned out.
The only problems we had was her voice going out on her and trying to record when she had a head cold. But we are very happy with the outcome.
thanks for the response.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
IGO

PostPosted: 12/4/2006, 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not real hip on the techno-pop sound but I could listen to her sing all day. Great voice.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 12/5/2006, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks IGO!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: