ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Rebel XTi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefTIO

PostPosted: 9/26/2006, 9:42 am    Post subject: Rebel XTi Reply to topic Reply with quote

Frequent visitor, seldom poster….Anyway not sure if it was this site or another where I read about the new digital Canon Rebel XTi that was being released this month. So I jumped on a wait list and just received mine a few days ago. Ya, I could have waited a couple of months for the price to drop a little, but my old camera was breaking down fast. After approx 10,000+ pics it was getting pretty worn out. Haven’t had as much time to play with the XTi like I would have, but so far it is everything I was hoping for. I’ll get out on a trail with it soon to see what this really can do….. The main upgrades from the XT are the 9 point focus and the self cleaning sensor, probably a few other new features that I am not aware of yet. Sure does put my old Olympus C-720 to shame. LOL I have a week or two of learning all what this can do and I’ll be ready for the fall colors, hopefully.

T...
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 9/26/2006, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got the Rebel XT, and so far its taken great pictures. I haven't used it as much as I'd like to, but its a great camera.

Kerouac
ChefTIO

PostPosted: 9/26/2006, 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

fairweather8588 wrote:
I've got the Rebel XT, and so far its taken great pictures.

And that is why there was several years after the XT was released because it was great camera. It seems they just took some of the newer features from the higher end EOS cameras and added them to the next Rebel.
Daryl

PostPosted: 9/26/2006, 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great camera, but it comes with a crappy lens. If you want to explore the full capability of the camera buy some good glass!

I have the XT and I'm very envyous of the XTi. I have my doubts about the sensor cleaner though, time will tell.

PostPosted: 9/26/2006, 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Once I get a good feel for what I need for len(s) for this I am upgrading. Probably will get a Xmas present for myself. I did notice that the Self Cleaning starts every time I turn it off. Like everything else, sometimes when there are more gadgets the more chances something will break down.
I'm just amazed how far digital cameras have come since I bought that Olympus 6 years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: