ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Killer Deal!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Mexican brew?
Tecate
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Corona
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Dos Equis Amber/Special Lager
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Modelo
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Sol
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carte Blanca
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

IGO

PostPosted: 8/23/2006, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Carte Blanca is by far the best brew on that list. It's the best made brew on that list.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
azhiker96

PostPosted: 8/23/2006, 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I voted for Carta Blanca but my real favorite is whatever Todd has in his ice chest!
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 8/23/2006, 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's a good one George....
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

azhiker96 wrote:
I voted for Carta Blanca but my real favorite is whatever Todd has in his ice chest!

Unfortunately, that's usually Bud Light, aka watered down panther piss! Wacko
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Sparrish

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 5:36 am    Post subject: Beer Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nealz wrote:
LongStoryShort wrote:
Ok all you beer snobs/post one-uppers/mentioning beer from the 1300's. Quit hijacking my thread!

I've homebrewed for years, albeit with variable success. But it does open your eyes to the incredible diversity and styles of beers in the world... far more than wine. If this were a thread about Belgian beer or American micros - well, then I could go on for almost infinite bandwidth Shocked .

I'm on the same page as Nealz; give me two outstanding Belgian brews: Trippel (7.9%) or 1554 (5.6%, AKA fitty-fitty-fo). I like the rich flavor of these tasty brews and the alcohol content really smooves out the rough spots on 4-wheel roads.
Corona is OK, as long as you don't ruin it by inserting the lime wedgy. Negra Modelo is my favorite Mexican cerveza as I prefer the darker ales and porters over the lager brews.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

levi501 wrote:
LongStory, did you notice that Corona is winning the vote; I bet if half the guys on here new the corona is considered the ultimate chick beer (true fact from the International Association of Professional Drinkers- IAPD) the voting would be a little different.

Maybe there are just more chicks than guys doing the voting! dunno

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sparrish wrote:

I'm on the same page as Nealz; give me two outstanding Belgian brews: Trippel (7.9%) or 1554 (5.6%, AKA fitty-fitty-fo). I like the rich flavor of these tasty brews and the alcohol content really smooves out the rough spots on 4-wheel roads.
Corona is OK, as long as you don't ruin it by inserting the lime wedgy. Negra Modelo is my favorite Mexican cerveza as I prefer the darker ales and porters over the lager brews.

I agree what they are excellent brews (aren't both of those American brews though?). Those are the types of beers that I would have with dinner. After about 3 of those, it's too much. If I'm drinking to drink, I can't drink 12 1554s, but I can drink 12 silver bullets.
Nealz

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sparrish wrote:

Ah, a Trappist fan. very good indeed.Beer Then there's Duvel Diablo (8.5% ABV), Piraat (10.5% ABV) or Biere du Boucanier (11% ABV). I tend to drink these as a reward to myself for something and certainly don't include 'em as part of my steady diet. As LSS sez, they're just too danged spendy. Back to domestics, a single 12 oz. bottle of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA is about ten bucks and the 22 oz. Stone Double Bastard on Oak, when you can find it, is $18 and change. But soooo worth it.
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nealz wrote:
, a single 12 oz. bottle of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA is about ten bucks and the 22 oz. Stone Double Bastard on Oak, when you can find it, is $18 and change. But soooo worth it.

That Dogfish Head is a man's beer. It is no joke!
Sparrish

PostPosted: 8/27/2006, 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nealz wrote:
Sparrish wrote:

Ah, a Trappist fan. very good indeed.Beer Then there's Duvel Diablo (8.5% ABV), Piraat (10.5% ABV) or Biere du Boucanier (11% ABV). I tend to drink these as a reward to myself for something and certainly don't include 'em as part of my steady diet. As LSS sez, they're just too danged spendy. Back to domestics, a single 12 oz. bottle of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA is about ten bucks and the 22 oz. Stone Double Bastard on Oak, when you can find it, is $18 and change. But soooo worth it.

I will sample the above and hoist one in your name, good sir.
Where might I purchase the delectable exotics listed above?
levi501

PostPosted: 8/27/2006, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Maybe there are just more chicks than guys doing the voting! dunno

Just maybe... Shocked
-Eric Clifton-
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 8/27/2006, 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sparrish wrote:
Nealz wrote:
Sparrish wrote:

I will sample the above and hoist one in your name, good sir.
Where might I purchase the delectable exotics listed above?

I'm sure I will be one-upped on this, but the only place I have ever seen them is at this beer and wine place in Avondale, Park Wines. Papago Brewing in Scottsdale has the 90 minute, but I don't know about the other two.....
Nealz

PostPosted: 8/28/2006, 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Papago Brewing in Scottsdale is an excellent source, TKS, LSS. As is Sun Devil Liquors in Mesa or Tops liquors in Tempe. The AJ's used to carry them all too but expect to pay an extra buck or two, or three. The Dogfish 120 Minute IPA is only brewed twice a year in limited quantity. Tops and Sun Devil used to limit sales to two bottles per person. Good access to good beer is about the only thing I miss about the valley. I usually stock up on some nice beers when I'm there and cooler 'em back up the hill.
Sparrish

PostPosted: 8/28/2006, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the info to LSS and Nealz, I'll try to get out and do some shopping this wekend as I'm always on the lookout for some after-hike-refreshment. Goin' to Beer-sheba for sure!
LongStoryShort

PostPosted: 8/29/2006, 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was gonna stop at Fry's and get a 40 of Miller last night, but I restrained my self, I had homework to do. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: