ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What's your Blood Pressure?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 8/21/2006, 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm Type II Hooli. I do what I have to do and I feel great. porridge the donut monsters. Rolling Eyes
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 8/21/2006, 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
I know the rumor around AZH is, "Hooli's rich!" Well, think I told many of you about the woman I met that wasn't interested in getting into a relationship with any man that didn't make at least $100K a year.....and I told her I could do that, but I'd have to die in three years, (Wasn't much BS'ing her)......well, that was two years ago. Clearly, I haven't spent $100K a year, but do the math and ask yourselves....is Hooli rich? Crying or Very sad I'd happily sell my motorhome, but I financed 100% of it and selling it now and getting the best possible price, I'd still owe $12 to $15K to the bank. Yeah, I get So. Security.......add $70 bucks a month to that and it'd cover my house payment and motorhome payment.

So....please flush the "Hooli's rich" mentality where it belongs.

Wait! Where's my little pukie emoticon! No, no, the one that has the puke shooting out of it's nose... the money green colored puke...

What is with you lately, Hooli? Are you going off the deep end on us?

Wait, how about a new "Live Forever" vehicle purchase? No, wait, the spankin' new "X-rated" Xterra hasn't lost it's "sheen" just yet...

Shades
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/24/2006, 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well confirmed I have Type II diabetes; Doc feels meds not likely needed 'cause I'm physically active, (been hitting the gym for a couple of hours every other day and taking Rich for fast paced three or four mile walk in early a.m. and with the hiking I did at Oak Creek plus eight days at GC, I've lost all the weight I put on when I was down with pneumonia and back problems. )but do have to stab myself each a.m. and measure blood glucose level; I go back in a month with glucose levels recorded and he'll know better then whether I need meds. In three months take a fasting test that will show average level for past 90 days. Practiced stabbing myself yesterday when all the monitoring stuff arrive, all free! No sore fingers this morning and measurement was in middle of preferred range.
But woke with a sore throat and have been coughing all day. Figure I got that from A**holes that don't wipe down the equipment after they use it, left their germs on something I used. think I'm gonna start wiping stuff down before I use it as well as after; also had to have wisdom tooth yanked this afternoon. Figure that'll leave me still smarter than Shades ! Razz
They do shoot horses don't they? Dentist put me on percocet; haven't had enough pain to take any yet, but will now that I'm heading for bed.
I really, really, really need a full body transplant! Silly But with BofA's medical/dental health insurance, pretty cheap way to stay high on drugs! May go hunting another of those yellow dragons that eat little kids like the one I saw the morning of the WFW shuttle.....Did we ever get that sucker buried Amazed
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
IGO

PostPosted: 8/25/2006, 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Type II Diabetes will just make you behave a little bit, that's all.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/25/2006, 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO wrote:
Type II Diabetes will just make you behave a little bit, that's all.

Yeah, but behave a little bit how? Silly

Way my health's been this past few months, first thing I do each morning is check the obits to see if I'm listed! Eek
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/25/2006, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well Hooli you'll just make a few adjustments here and there with diet and such. My Family members have had it for sometime and take only a pill, monitor blood like your doing, watch diet.
You'll do fine, not to worry, I'm sure of it. Unfortunately hate to say it, alcohol is kinda one of those NO NO's though Rolling Eyes

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
IGO

PostPosted: 8/25/2006, 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
Well Hooli you'll just make a few adjustments here and there with diet and such. My Family members have had it for sometime and take only a pill, monitor blood like your doing, watch diet.
You'll do fine, not to worry, I'm sure of it. Unfortunately hate to say it, alcohol is kinda one of those NO NO's though Rolling Eyes

Yeah, alcohol is out. So are much of those meds but hiking your ass off will make the numbers look like there is no Diabetes. That's part of why I never miss a week-end. Great incentive. Get moovin' my friend. I care about you!
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/25/2006, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
Unfortunately hate to say it, alcohol is kinda one of those NO NO's though Rolling Eyes

Beer No friggin' way! At my age, I get to do whatever the hell I wanna do! Very Happy have cut way back tho'. Used to have a two full shot martini before dinner every night, plus a glass of wine with dinner and may another after; now, last Martini I had was Friday before WFW IV. Still have a glass of wine before dinner and another with dinner, but wine has lots of good benefits so I ain't gonna worry 'bout it. 'cause I'm now on statins for cholesterol Doc has liver function test done and liver's cool. Crap, they keep giving me stuff like Vicodin and percocet (why I'm up now....some pain from wisdom tooth being yanked, so gonna take percocet....but cut them suckers in half.....full one and I better be in bed or I end up having to crawl my way.....and got lost last time! Rolling Eyes ) Figure that stuff's a lot harder on my organs than alcohol! Silly
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heck Hooli... My mom was Type II Insulin dependent diabetic for 50+ years, You got at least 50 more to go then Wink

Look at what you have to look forward to - 50 more years to do as you please without having to do that nasty 4-letter word "W#%&" every day Smile Enjoy every moment

Just take care of Hooli as good as you take care of Rich! He's counting on you

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rich takes care of me! Very Happy
threedogz

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

studies have shown that pets are good for your health

I'm sure the studies have never incorporated dog owners who have Beagles....
DesertDog

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

threedogz wrote:

I had a Beagle once, so I can relate- but imagine three or four times the intensity, and you're approaching Eskie range. nutty biting scream Turning Flashing
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

threedogz wrote:

Or Basenjis! It's a known fact if you show up at any insane asylum in the country with proof you own a Basenji they have to admit you! Wink
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, question for some of you (Diane, George, etc.) that are up to date on meds.
I was on Vicodin for the back sprain (one every 4 to 6 hours as needed) and it helped and didn't really knock me on my butt much. Dentist gave me Percocet, 1 or 2 every 4 to 6 hours as needed. I figured they were pretty much the same, a mix of codeine and acetaminophen, but one percocet and I better head for bed within ten minutes or I'll be crawling there and probably get lost on the way. After taking one when the Novocaine wore off, I was out of it! Have only taken 1/2 at a time since......hate to think what two would do to me! What's the big difference 'tween the two meds?
Back in the dark ages when I was an Air force medic, the pain reliever of choice was APC with codeine; anything after that was usually an injectible, didn't have all these different choices.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 8/26/2006, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Back in the dark ages when I was an Air force medic,

Now that pretty much hand out Motrin like candy. You have a headache - here is some motrin. You broke you leg - here is some motrin. You have shin-splints - here is some motrin.

Our hospital is a joke, we don't even have an ER anymore, but thats actually a good thing because you wouldn't want any of them to operate on you anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: