ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Recent Site Outtage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 8/15/2006, 8:32 pm    Post subject: Recent Site Outtage Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to apologize for the recent outtage. We had some isues with the server, our phone and data lines at our office were downed by Friday's storm and I've been out of town trying to manage a database system install in Missouri and chase Qwest issues and webserver issues. As you all can see we're back up and running again. Many thanks to our server support team, help from Mike and many AZH members and most importantly, GTS employee Wilson Peralta. Without Wilson taking care of things for us, our office and server would still be in ill terms. I cannot thank Wilson enough for his dedicated force in resolving these two major items. He doesn't even hike and he took extra time to make sure ArizonaHikers.com was repaired even after I told him to go home and not worry about it. If anyone would like to send Wilson a good word or a personal thanks, he can be reached at wp@ArizonaHikers.com. I know he would appreciate the thanks and help him realize how much this site means to all of us.

Thanks,
GTG
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/15/2006, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The way I see it Todd, stuff happens and an apology is unnecessary. Just made me appreciate the time and effort everyone puts in who support this site. There is so much more beneath the covers to make all of this work, that most people are unaware of. Thanks to all of you for providing an outlet such as this for all of us.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
GTG

PostPosted: 8/15/2006, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
There is so much more beneath the covers to make all of this work, that most people are unaware of. Thanks to all of you for providing an outlet such as this for all of us.

I was going to let this one go but I can't. -
I've done a lot to make the site happen but none of it has involved a bed. Wink

GTG
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 8/15/2006, 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, when you were all snug in your Motel 6 bed, we were all like "dang that GTG".

Hope you had a nice vacation in Missouri. Ya slacker.

Wink
GTG

PostPosted: 8/15/2006, 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HIG wrote:
Yeah, when you were all snug in your Motel 6 bed, we were all like "dang that GTG".

More like Motel 4 1/2 Redneck Version.
"Y'all want white or red gravy for breakfast?"

We're in Pueblo Colorado now, I got to go to Garden Of The Gods today, very cool place.

Diamondbacks and Rockies are in the top of the 16th inning now. Major issues in the National League games tonight. I think it's just one last long game before school starts and the turn of fall which I've already seen here and in Kansas.

GTG
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 8/15/2006, 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:

Red-eye, please.

GTG wrote:
"Diamondbacks and Rockies are in the top of the 16th inning now. Major issues in the National League games tonight. I think it's just one last long game before school starts and the turn of fall which I've already seen here and in Kansas.

Going to the 17th now.... Maybe they'll bring Gracie down from the booth to pitch. Crazy I remember listening to a Braves game back in high school when they went something like 21 innings. Hope this one doesn't go that long.
evenstar

PostPosted: 8/16/2006, 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
HIG wrote:

More like Motel 4 1/2 Redneck Version.

We're in Pueblo Colorado now, I got to go to Garden Of The Gods today, very cool place.

Diamondbacks and Rockies are in the top of the 16th inning now. Major issues in the National League games tonight. I think it's just one last long game before school starts and the turn of fall which I've already seen here and in Kansas.

GTG

Last I talked to GTG he and Mickey were still in Kansas looking for Dorothy......well Mickey, the dirty ol' man, was lookin' for Dorothy......GTG was lookin' for Toto, but I ain't gonna go there! And, as amazing as it is, neither Mickey nor GTG showd visible wounds! And Wilson Peralta assures me all sharp instruments will be locked up before Mickey and son get back to the office! Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 8/16/2006, 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh my my my... I guess I need to learn to choose words and phrases more carefully Laughing . Read your response twice, then the light bulb came on ... "never involved a bed" Chuckle , silly me. Oh and now that you mention it I want Red-eye gravy....haven't had that in a looong time. You guys keep mentioning stuff I haven't had in a while, stop it. Somewhere I think I have a recipe from a friend, I should look around here.

Isn't Garden of the Gods somethin' It is beautiful. Were you anywhere near Royal Gorge (I think that is what is called) and go across that suspension bridge. Pretty mazing for the distance it covers and kinda creepy too, it sways up & down while going across (but it was fun) and so was the tram across. Next time your that way check it out, pretty cool.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: