ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
plummer150

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 8:24 am    Post subject: Images Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can anyone here help me to put an image on one of my posts? Do I use the Img button and then ctrl-v? It doesn't work though....hmm. Not sure how to put a picture on one of my posts is all. Any help would be greatful. Thanks ahead of time.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Use the img button, then paste the link to the image and close the tag. It has to be on a webserver somewhere in order to work.

So, it would look like this:
Code:
[img]http://www.arizonahikers.com/logos/saguaro.jpg[/img]

Which would result in:

plummer150

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 10:04 am    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah, thanks, didn't realize the image had to be coming from a website, thats why it didn't work for me then. Thanks again.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Use the img button, then paste the link to the image and close the tag. It has to be on a webserver somewhere in order to work.

So, it would look like this:
Code:
[img]http://www.arizonahikers.com/logos/saguaro.jpg[/img]

Which would result in:

Several questions,

Isn't there a site or bulletin board or something of that sort that allows you to upload your own .gif or .jpg and turn it into a url without a charge for the service or d/l a program?

Where would I find a webserver to use for here?

I have done searches on avatars/anime but what I'm finding are just head shots of models, or erotic chicks, ummm not what I had in mind. I'm looking for the ones that look like cartoons and fun pictures, g-rated any clue how to do the search?

Thanks,
Sherileeaz Cool
cakewalk

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sherileeaz..

When you say you want to upload an image and turn it into a url, Do you mean that you want to use that image in a post?

ANY time you put any sort of image anywhere on the internet, that picture has to have a place to " live " All of the avatars on this site and on HAZ and any other forum site, those images are all in a directory on that site. Those are generally used for that site only.

Since you have internet access, you probably also have webspace available to you, usually its up to 10 megs. Generally people use that space to " Park " thier pics and link to them.

If you search the net and find a pic you want to use, you still have to copy the pic, place it on your webspace and link to it... If you link to it on the original site, you will be accused of" image leeching " which is a huge no-no in the internet world.

Am I rambling? Or is this answering your question?
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cakewalk wrote:
Sherileeaz..

When you say you want to upload an image and turn it into a url, Do you mean that you want to use that image in a post?

If you link to it on the original site, you will be accused of" image leeching " which is a huge no-no in the internet world.

Am I rambling? Or is this answering your question?

Yes, it would be to use in a post.

And about the image leeching, I have never done that. I've captured a picture to use for non-profit and non-advertising purposes. I'm glad you told me about not image leeching, thanks.

I have webspace with Homestead, so I could use that to display a picture, but I thought there was a bulletin board or ezboard or something that was more of a one-step process.

You answered my questions and then some! Thanks.

Sherileeaz Cool
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sherileeaz, you have Cox internet service, right? Cox gives you 10MB of personal webspace per email address, so you could use that.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 9/4/2003, 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Sherileeaz, you have Cox internet service, right? Cox gives you 10MB of personal webspace per email address, so you could use that.

Yes I do, thanks for reminding me.

Sherileeaz Cool
plummer150

PostPosted: 9/5/2003, 7:56 am    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
If you search the net and find a pic you want to use, you still have to copy the pic, place it on your webspace and link to it

Ahh, thats what I figured I would have to do. I'll try some different things and see what works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: